chapter one hundred nineteen.

"Sorry, I can't talk at the moment, leave a message and maybe I'll call back."

Claudia ended the call once again. She tried calling Nate ever since she woke up, but he never picked up. When Janis told her that Nate and Lara moved back to Detroit, she felt crushed. Everything was going wrong in her life that she was confident that Ben would eventually leave too.

But that wasn't him. He stayed by her side.

Claudia put down her phone on the bed. She stared out the window. One thing she liked about Ben's apartment was the view he had from his bedroom, which was quickly being filled by Claudia's things.

"Here," he walked into the room with two mugs filled with tea.

"You're too sweet to me, Ben." Claudia grabbed the mug from his hands then placed a kiss on his cheek.

"For you, always." He smiled. "Any luck?" He gestured to her phone.

Claudia shook her head. "Nope. Maybe he's gone for real this time. I'm just disappointed, angry, sad. He didn't say goodbye. I get that I was too young before, but I'm older now."

"You still have me and Lucy, unfortunately. I've been trying to get rid of her for years now." Claudia forgot she was even sad. With Ben, her life was more colorful. Even Lucy made Claudia appreciate life more.

"Well, enough of my sad life. What do you want to do?" Claudia asked.

"I have a few ideas."

Ben's idea of fun was to watch the Twilight movies and complain about every little detail. He truly wondered why Lucy loved the series.

"It doesn't make sense. The only character that is superior is Bella's dad." Ben said.

Claudia scoffed beside him, drinking the last of her tea. "Excuse me, Alice and Japser deserve that title."

"Are we really fighting about fictional vampires?"

Claudia nudged him. "You started it."

That's how Ben got her mind off of all the bad things that had happened in the past. That's something Claudia loved about him. Ben He could always make her laugh when she needed it, and she really needed it. A whole month passed since her talk with Janis, during that time, Janis did get help. She isolated herself for the first few days, until she realized she wasn't well. Then she called the rehabilitation center.

Janis Donovan was finally happy again.

Edward often visited her, but never talked to her. He would bring her flowers, the ones that she liked the most which constantly changed, but he remembered every single one. He talked with the doctors on Janis' condition. Sometimes she was okay, other times she felt like she was going crazy.

When Claudia visited the first time, Janis couldn't recognize her daughter. Claudia cried, but held in her sobs. Even though she couldn't remember, Janis wiped away the girl's tears and told her how beautiful she looked. That was enough for Claudia to bring her mom into a hug.

Janis was in rehab for a whole three months. And she made progress. Her memory? That was a whole different story. Claudia was the one taking her to doctors appointments. She wasn't getting any better.

An: whenever I get sad I remember how shawn michaels started twerking at wrestlemania 32

i love this funky texas boy