chapter one.

It was officially the weekend, but before Claudia could go back to her house and rest for an hour before continuing to grade papers, she had to go through the school day. It was six in the morning. She decided that for the last day of learning Greek Mythology, she would show a video about one of their favorite gods or goddesses.

A couple students lingered in the hallways like usual. She walked to her classroom that was in front of a staircase. As she got her key out, her next door neighbor, Mr. Armstrong, greeted her from his door. "Hey, Garrett. Still teaching about the cold war?"

"As a matter of fact, I'm almost done. Although some of my kids still ask me if it was really cold to the point where they just called it the cold war." Garrett approached the young teacher. After Claudia got the door opened, she dropped her bag on her desk while Garret hit the lights. "You know the only reason I liked English class was because of Greek Mythology." He said, sitting on the top of the nearest desk.

"It's a personal favorite of mine. The kids told me they read Percy Jackson before and all they could talk about was the movie." Claudia got out her books from her bag. "Well, I do have a kid that prefers reading comics instead. He told me that today Daredevil comes out on Netflix. He's a big Marvel guy."

"I liked DC better, but Marvel is good too. I had a crush on Wonder Woman growing up." Garrett admitted, but then regretted his words.

Claudia looked up at him. "Mine was Black Widow."

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

As her students were walking into the classroom, Claudia greeted each of them with a smile. Her students always told her that her class was their favorite. She teased them often by saying that she could tell the other teachers what they said. But they meant it. Her classroom was welcoming. It had posters from different movies and shows that she referenced during her teaching day like 'The Outsiders', 'Harry Potter' and her absolute favorite 'Frankenstein'

"Okay, kids, to your seats! I have an announcement to make. Lily, sit down, you're on the other side of the room not next to Michael." Claudia got their attention.

"But Miss Donovan! Michael is showing me the new Netflix show. I don't have Netflix. Can we get our break before class starts?" Lily asked.

"Unfortunately, no. We have lots to do today and I promise you'll get extra minutes of break if we can get through this lesson. Take our your notebooks, please." Claudia plugged her computer to the projector so the board had the same thing that her computer had. "So, we we finished The Odyssey. I graded your essays and you should see your new grade before the school day ends. If you have questions about your grade, you can email me or come see me before you leave."

She looked up to see all her students attentively listening to her with the notebooks out. "Thank you, my kiddos. Since this is our last day talking about Greek Mythology, I thought it would be nice and relaxing to watch a couple videos about your favorite gods and goddesses. Any suggestions? And no, Michael, Chris Hemsworth does not count as a god."

Michael put his hand down.

Claudia ended up putting a video about Persephone then Hades. After the two videos ended, she told her students to write in their journals what they learned from the video. Then it was time for their break that she gave them daily. Michael took the opportunity to go beside his friend Lily and watch the new episode of Daredevil.

"I hope the Punisher comes out in the next season. He's awesome." Michael said to Lily as they watched the episode on his phone.

"Punisher? Sounds violent." Claudia said from her desk as she scrolled through her emails on her laptop.

"His family got killed, miss. He's one of my favorites. I would freak out if he got his own show." Michael smiled brightly.

"Does he have a cute sidekick I could fall in love with?" Claudia joked but Michael took it seriously.

"There's Billy Russo, but he's not a sidekick. They're best friends. I could bring my comics and show you their story." Michael offered.

Claudia looked at her student. "I'd love that. Maybe when The Punisher gets his own show I'll watch it and fall in love with his best friend."

An: no benjamín yet we're taking it slow this time folks so you can get to know my girl claudia :)