chapter ninety three.

The time to leave for London was here. Claudia couldn't contain her excitement. She had specifically bought a Polaroid camera to document her trip, while Ben thought it was cute how excited she was. But then there came times when she realized she one of the main reasons she didn't have time for a vacation was because of her job.

She missed her kids, but maybe it was time for a different career path.

"Got everything?" Janis asked, leaning against the doorframe of Claudia's room.

Claudia had just finished packing all her clothes she was going to take. She wasn't sure how long her trio would be since Ben didn't tell her, but she made sure to pack enough. Ben even told her that if she didn't, he could always buy her more if she needed.

"Yep, I'm just waiting for Ben. He said he was going to pick up something from Lucy's house on the way," Claudia grabbed a hair tie from her wrist and put her hair up in a ponytail.

"Hey, I don't want you worrying when you're supposed to be relaxing and enjoying yourself. Have fun, get drunk, steal diamonds from Queen Elizabeth." Janis encouraged as she sipped on her apple juice that was in a wine glass.

"Fun? Yes, doing something that might get me banned from a country? No. Plus I don't think I could even make it past the guards." Claudia said.

Janis scoffed. "Because you haven't tried! Be the stupid idiot that I raised you not to be."

"Half of the time I think you're high. You haven't been smoking have you?" Claudia looked at her mom.

"Haven't rolled a joint since two hours ago." Janis said casually. "Joking! As a vet, I have stopped smoking, except only when I really need it like if that Gary guy you worked with tries to get with you!"

"His name is Garrett and I don't care about him. I actually went to his house and punched him in the face. Are you proud of me?"

Janis had to set her glass of apple juice down. She didn't think she would be alive for the day that her daughter would follow in her rebellious footsteps. "Oh my god, did you really? Did you break his nose?" She asked with joy.

"I'm not sure, I was busy asking why he ratted me out to Howard and how much better of a teacher i am than him." She smirked.

Janis jumped with excitement. She then pulled her daughter into a hug. "Oh, I wish I could've witnessed that."

"Nate did."

Janis pulled back from the hug. "What in the fucking shit?"

"Nate came over and got me out of bed, made me lunch and that's when I decided to visit Garrett so he drove to Garrett's house and Yeah that's pretty much it. I punched him and Nate pulled me away because Garrett's mom got in the way." The blonde woman explained.

"So the man who deserted you as a child got to watch you punch some shit guy while the woman who raised your ass and gave you an education didn't?" Janis rolled her eyes.

"It's not that serious-"

"Go stay in London with your English in-laws! I can't even look at you." Janis wiped a fake tear. "Joking again, but I guess I can let this one slide. It would've been nice to see that though."

"And one more thing . . . I accidentally called Nate dad." Claudia watched her mom's reaction.

"Oh . . . Okay . . . That is not what I was expecting so I'm going to go get Hot Pockets and just avoid talking about that." Janis grabbed her apple juice and slowly walked out of the room.

"We're going to have to talk about that sooner or later!" Claudia yelled.

"Later!" She heard Janis yell back.

Then Claudia got a text from Ben. She took her phone and read it.

Ben
Almost there, I stopped by a store for snacks.

Claudia
Ok, be careful. See you soon ❤

Claudia assumed Ben was busy since he didn't reply back so she went back to try to reorganize her closet since she had made a mess. It took her time since she kept getting distracted by all the small items she found while cleaning, mainly it was items she forgot she even owned like a CD of Taylor Swift's first album. By the time she finished, she heard the front door open followed by her mom talking.

"Ben's here!"

Claudia grabbed her phone and raced downstairs where she found Janis and Ben talking. Once Ben saw a happy Claudia, he chuckled. It was impossible not to fall in love with her smile. Once Claudia reached the bottom step, she jumped into Ben's arms. Ben spun her around once before setting her down.

"Look's like you're ready for London." Ben said, fixing Claudia's hair that got messed up by their hug.

"It's my first time going there, of course I'm excited! And I also get to meet your parents." Claudia said.

Janis noticed the two adults were too busy focused on each other so she excused herself and joined Lara and Nate in the kitchen. Edward and Layna were on their way to say their goodbyes to Ben and Claudia, except Layna was taking her time picking out LEGO sets from Walmart.

Nate watched Claudia and Ben from his spot in the kitchen. He could tell that they were going to last long unlike him and Janis. He wished his daughter the best with her relationship. "I'm happy for her, but don't you think it's a little early to meet his parents? As far as I know, they're not officially together."

Lara groaned. The brunette was currently making a salad for dinner while Janis continued making a decent cake for dessert. Edward was bringing dinner. At the moment, it was unknown if Nate was staying for dinner since it seemed like he and Edward had some tension between them.

"Nathan, love is love. Of course you wouldn't get it. Didn't your parents get married the day after they met?" Lara pointed her knife at him.

"Shut up, they did not. It was a year."

Janis kept on trying to frost the cake but each time she kept going side to side, making it look like a toddler got ahold of the frosting. She gave up and set the frosting down. She then realized she forgot the sprinkles so she started to look throughout her kitchen for the small bag of sprinkles. She looked through cabinets and drawers, but no bag of colored sprinkles.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Lara was the first to notice the look on Janis' face.

"I can't find the sprinkles. I-I had them right here . . I don't know where they are and I need them to finish the cake." Janis said frantically.

Lara then noticed the bag of sprinkles sitting behind the cake. She grabbed it and showed it to Janis. "Here, it's okay. They're right here."

Janis let out a sigh of relief. "Shit . . . What's wrong with me? That's the fifth or fourth time that's happened to me. I almost missed my own daughter leaving today if it wasn't for my phone. I forgot what day it was today."

"Well you do look stressed. Take a seat, relax, Lara and I will finish up." Nate offered.

"It's fine, everything is fine. Stop trying to make me feel better! Everything is not fine!" Janis shouted before throwing the bag of sprinkles down the garbage can and walked away to the back door that led to the backyard.

Both Nate and Lara stood shocked at Janis' behavior. They had never seen her act the way she did.

"Nice going, Nathan! Men," Lara rolled her eyes and set her knife down then walked to the sink to wash her hands. "I'm going to check on her. Don't burn her house down!" She pointed her finger at him menacingly as she left to check on Janis.

"I should just shut up for the rest of my life then."

An: wattpad was being a hater and didn't let me update smh such a hate crime

anyways, to my uk buddies or literally anyone who knows, what are some fun things y'all do in London so i can write them in because all i know about the uk is one direction, harry potter and princess diana 😗✌🏼