chapter forty five.

Both Claudia and Ben were on their way to Detroit. The bags were in the backseat, while Ben drove and Claudia was in the passenger seat. Janis had packed them lunch that consisted of a Caprisun, Chips Ahoy and a sandwich.
Claudia silently ate her sandwich while Ben held his Caprisun in one of his hands while the other was on the steering wheel.

"I think we need some good roadtrip music, don't you think?" Claudia took out her phone so she could connect to the Bluetooth.

"Alright, let's hear your taste in music."

Claudia opened Spotify and clicked on her favorite playlist she recently made. It consisted of songs that reminded her of him. From David Bowie to Hozier, it was all songs she pictured him listening to. As she hit the 'Shuffle Play' option, the first song that played was 'Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy' by Queen.

"Oh, man." Ben mumbled as the intro to the song started playing.

"You have to sing, come on." Claudia encouraged him.

"Do I have to?" He chuckled.

"Yes! It's a roadtrip rule."

"Fine, only if you song with me," Ben glanced at her for a second. Claudia looked away. "you said it yourself, it's a roadtrip rule."

"I should've been more specific."

Ben then started singing his favorite part of the song, which was also Claudia's favorite part aswell. "I'd like for you and I to go romancing say the word your wish is my command!" He belted out the lyrics.

Claudia laughed. "I should tell you to sing more often,"

"Now it's your turn, go on." Ben nodded at her.

"Alright I'm not a singer, but okay," Claudia said. Ben took his eyes off the road and looked at her as she sang. He almost hit the car in front of him if it wasn't for Claudia who took control of the wheel. "Ben!"

"Oh, sorry!"

𓆩❤︎𓆪

10 hours left until Detroit
(Also bc I wanna get to the point ok oops sorry)

After a quick food break at a restuarant, Ben and Claudia were back on the road. Claudia offered to drive, but Ben insisted on driving for the remaining hours so she could rest. Ten minutes of arguing about their driving situation, Ben was still driving and Claudia was peacefully sleeping in the passenger seat using Ben's jacket as a blanket.

As ABBA faded out 'Mad Sounds' by Arctic Monkeys played. It was one of Claudia's top favorite songs of all time. Ben never listened to it before, but as it played, it was slowly becoming a favorite. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the drums.

"Ooh la la la . . ." He sang quietly while keeping his eyes focused on the road. He continued mumbling the lyrics, well at least the bridge of the song.

From her spot on the passenger seat, Claudia smiled as she heard Ben sing her favorite song. If it wasn't her favorite before, it sure was now. Hearing him sing was something she didn't know she needed. It was calming, beautiful and all of the above. It was something she wasn't getting out of her head anytime soon and she was happy about that.

An: short chapter, but omg i want them to tell each other their feeLINGSSSSS

also lover by taylor swift legit reminds me of ben and claudia that's their song now