chapter ninety five.

The eleven hour flight soon came to an end. Throughout their flight, Claudia kept asking Ben about his parents. She learned about his mom and dad's job and of course his brother, who was in another city visiting friends so she wasn't going to meet him yet.

"Mum and dad should be here. Do you need some water or anything?" Ben asked, grabbing both his and Claudia's luggage.

"No, I'm fine," Claudia said. "I know I shouldn't be nervous, but my palms are sweating." She admitted.

"It's okay, I'll do the talking so just relax. I told them not to scare you off because I really like you." Ben said, walking with Claudia to the exit of Heathrow Airport.

"You better because it would pretty awkward if you didn't and then I did, this would be a mess," Claudia smirked at him. "I feel like I don't say that often. I really like you alot."

"Ben!"

An older woman's voice interrupted their moment, the older woman being Ben's mom, Tricia Barnes, standing beside her husband, Thomas Barnes.

"It's going to be okay, you got this." Ben reminded and kissed her cheek before they walked towards the older adults.

"Oh my, you must be Claudia! Hello, I'm Tricia, Ben's mum and this is his dad, Thomas." Claudia felt welcomed by Mrs. Barnes' voice. She felt her body relax and took a deep breath.

"Hi, it's lovely to meet you. I've heard lots about you. This boy would not shut up about the pretty English professor." Mr. Barnes added.

"Why don't we take this conversation back home? That sounds better than standing here." He interrupted.

The Barnes didn't know about Claudia being jobless, Ben didn't tell them that. He felt like he should've since he knew his parents were going to ask Claudia about her job.

As Mr. Barnes helped Ben load their luggage onto their car, Mrs. Barnes told Claudia some stories about Ben when he was younger. They were interrupted by Ben after he finished putting their suitcases in the back of the car.

"I'm feeling attacked. I'm not like that anymore!" Ben said while Claudia laughed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure baby you was very adorable trying to chase the cats." Claudia placed a hand on the side of his face and kissed his lips.

"Oh, he was! I have a collection of baby pictures I'll show you when we get home!" Mrs. Barnes smiled.

"Mum!"

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

Benbarnes: officially became my mum's favorite just by existing

Lucyrdz: I'm hurt by that caption, but if Claudia is now her favorite then it's okay because she's my favorite too

Claudiadonovan: I'm everyone's favorite because yes

An: just finished watching all 10 seasons of shameless 💃 i miss fiona and i'm so annoyed that she or sheila weren't in the season finale

Anyways here ya go children