chapter ninety nine.

Emmy, Kim's daughter, was in her room watching cartoons. It was after dinner and she wasn't really hungry so she only ate half of her meal and decided that watching cartoons was something that would make her feel better. Just as another episode of 'Courage The Cowardly Dog' finished, she heard her mom's phone ring from her mom's old room.

Emmy got up from her bed and walked towards the ringing phone. She found the device on the bed. Emmy looked at the screen and saw an 'L' and 'H' as the contact name. She figured it would be best if she answered instead of it going straight to voicemail.

"Hello?" The girl said into the phone.

"Who's this?" An older woman's voice asked.

"Emmy. Who's this?"

"A friend of your mom's. Is she around?"

"She's eating dinner with my dad and grandparents. She doesn't want to be there. I think she hates them, but I'm not sure." Emmy said casually.

"Oh . . . Okay. Uh, I'll call back then. Don't tell your mom we talked."

"Why?"

"Because you would get in trouble." The voice replied.

But the girl was curious. "Why would I get into trouble?"

"Because!"

"You're not making any sense, lady! Why because why?!"

Then Emmy heard a person shout and lots proving around. "Listen you little shit-"

"Janis!"

"What?! Lara, stop looking at me like that!"

Then Emmy heard the line go dead. She shrugged and tossed her mom's phone back on the bed then she walked back to her room to continue watching cartoons.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

"You scared her! She's a kid!"

Janis rolled her eyes and gave Lara her phone back. "Please, she's a Stratford, the little demons on the playground are probably scared of her anyways. Her grandmother is Anne, a stone cold bitch so me yelling is definitely on the bottom of her list."

Nate tried his best not to laugh. "Imagine what Anne would do when she finds out Janis Donovan raised her voice and called her granddaughter a little shit."

"Shut up, Nathan, she definitely turned your old room into a playroom for her."

"Nate. My birth certificate literally says Nate!" He corrected.

"Ew. Who looks at a baby and names them Nate? I understand Nathan or Nathaniel, but Nate? What's wrong with people." Janis said disgusted.

The Donovan woman then looked at her phone and saw a text from Ben.

Ben my son in law
Claudia wanted me to show you this picture

Janis smiled at the picture and even went as far as to show it to Nate and Lara

Janis smiled at the picture and even went as far as to show it to Nate and Lara. She wanted to share how happy her daughter looked.

"She definitely gets her looks from you," Lara commented which resulted in Nate rolling his eyes.

"Right? Imagine if she got his looks."

"Okay! I get it, it's a bully Nate day today. In my house, that was everyday." Nate said.

"So what you're saying is that you should feel right at home?"

An: ahahahah i said i was going to update days ago and here i am 🏃🏽‍♀️💨😍 anyways time skip coming soon because yeah <3