chapter thirteen.

"I'm Ben, by the way."

Holy fuck, okay his name is basic but his face isn't. Calm down Claudia, he's just introducing himself!

The two book lovers stood infront each other. "I'm Claudia, nice to meet you Ben."

Ben was mesmerised by her voice. He did hear her voice before, but hearing her say her and his name was like listening to his favorite song. She smiled at him, making Ben almost trip over nothing.

"Nice to mee you too, Claudia," Ben said. "I guess this is where we also say goodbye."

Claudia frowned. "What?"

"Well, it's almost time for school to start and you did tell me you're an English teacher," he looked down at his watch. "I don't want you to be late."

Claudia didn't even realise she spent most of the time rearranging the books and talking to Ben. She had ten minutes to get to the school before the first bell rang. She never missed a day of school or even go in late. That's one of the things her students hated, which she often teased them about.

"Oh! Yeah, right. I should probably go. My kids are going to be disappointed when they realize they're not getting a substitute," Claudia grabbed her cart and started pushing it, trying not to bump into Ben. "It was really nice to mee you, Ben, bye."

"Nice to meet you too," Ben nodded at her. "I hope I see you again."

But Claudia didn't hear it. She was already on her way to the cash register wondering if meeting Ben was some kind of prank made by Layna and Janis just to get her to stop talking about him. She was waiting for a whole camera crew to appear along with the mom and teen with smirks on their faces, but nothing happened.

She made it to the self checkout and payed for all her items. Claudia grabbed her bags and walked out of Target, still thinking about her encounter with the guy she couldn't stop thinking about for the past week.

After she placed the bags inside and got into the driver's seat, she stayed silently sitting for a good minute, still processing what had just happened. And all she had to say to that was:

"What the fuck."

She was still convinced it was a prank, but it actually happened. The mystery guy she couldn't get out of her head had spoken to her again. Claudia rubbed her eyes and let out a deep sigh. She turned on her car, the sound of The Runaways filled her car.

"What the fuck." She repeated as she exited the parking lot and drove to the school.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

Ben stood in the book aisle, still staring at the book Claudia had grabbed. It was The Lorax. She had put it with the children's books. He smiled to himself at the sight of an organized book section in a store, something he didn't see everyday.

His phone rang. He dug into the pocket and got it out. Edward was calling him.

"Hey, Edward." Ben greeted.

"Hey, Ben, I'm calling everyone to remind them of this dinner I do for every cast i work with. I'll text you the address of the restaurant we'll meet up. It's in two weeks." Edward said.

"All right, sounds great. I'll see you later."

An: two men made me feel so uncomfortable when i went to the store with my sister :( they tried to talk to us and my sister and i just walked faster and ignored them and they even drove faster to catch up to us ew i hate being a girl sometimes :(

stay safe guys, gals and nonbinary pals <3