chapter ninety.

Claudia walked downstairs, ready to meet her aunt, but was surprised when she saw Nate seated in Janis' rocking chair. She bought it years ago at a thrift shop. She told Claudia she was going to use it when she finally had a grandchild to rock them to sleep. That or she could use it to sleep on when she didn't feel like walking upstairs to her bed.

"Where's your sister? I didn't get a chance to introduce myself since you thought I was a toddler and sent me to my room. I can't believe I was actually stupid enough to listen. I'm so disappointed in myself." Claudia rolled her eyes.

"I told her to leave. So she did," Nate stood up and walked to the kitchen while Claudia followed him.

"What? Why?"

"Because I didn't want her here, that's why. You have to understand that I don't want anything to do with my family, Claudia, they are the reason why you didn't have a dad." Nate opened the refrigerator to grab a bottled water.

"She didn't seem like the type to hate me for being born. Listen, I know you have your family, but your sister came all the way here to see you. She still cares about you, you're clearly blind." Claudia grabbed the water from Nate's hands and slammed it on the kitchen counter. "I know you explained what happened to my mom, but it would've been nice to have a family for once!"

Nate scoffed. "Hate to break it to you, but this," he gestured to everything around him, "was never a family." And with that, he left the Donovan house. Claudia didn't care where he went since he already had a place of his own. She started thinking if maybe she had made the mistake of bringing him and Lara to her home.

To distract herself from her horrible situation, she took her phone out and texted someone she knew was going to make her day better. Ben didn't know this, but Lucy had texted Claudia using his phone. At first, Claudia thought it was some kind of prank, but Lucy admitted it was her before things got ugly. Then the two women got each other's numbers and texted as if they were life long friends.

Claudia
Hey dipshit

Lucy
Hello woman of my dreams 😍🥵

Claudia
Are you busy?

Lucy
Nah I'm just taking care of my nieces and nephews but they can take care of themselves I just have to unplug the toaster and microwave

Claudia
Why?

Lucy
Because those little shits almost burned the house down last time they were here. They may be small, but team work makes the dream work 🤪

Claudia
Ok well Ben told me we leave for London by the end of the week

Lucy
MRS BARNES IS GOING TI LPVE YO LIKE I DOOO I PMOSIE

Lucy
Sorry I got excited I love Ben's mom more than him 🥰

Claudia
I'm nervous. I'm not meeting his brother only his parents

Lucy
You'll do great!! They love me better than Ben so that means they're going to love you more!! And maybe they'll end up paying for your wedding with Ben and then they can pay for mine with andrew because I have no money <3

Claudia
I'll get Ben to pay for yours if Andrew pays for mine

Lucy
Throw in the honeymoon and deal

Claudia
Letting Ben know right now 😁

An: HAPPY MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL MY MEXICANS !!🇲🇽🇲🇽 I LOVE Y'ALL

los amo muchisimo <3

also

BEN'S MUSIC VIDEO AHRGWKFHHDHT I'M READY