𝟏.𝟎𝟒 𝙏𝙤 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝘼 𝙢𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡

season 1, episode 3

✦✧✦✧

"Who's idea was this again?" Hanna complained as the five girls walked through the woods.

Sophie rolled her eyes at the girl as she kept her eyes fixed own on her feet, watching her step as she walked deeper into to the woods, careful as to not trip on anything.

"Emily's mom" Spencer replied.

"The shed was me, my mom just suggested we should do something for us" Emily added.

Sophie didn't understand why this little memorial had to be deep in the woods, it would be much more suitable to have something right in the middle of town – that's what Alison would have liked anyway. The girl wouldn't have cared very much for something sentimental, she would have preferred to have something drastic where everyone could see, right in the center of Rosewood, in the center of attention like always.

However, Sophie didn't really have the heart to tell Emily this, the girl seemed way too proud of her idea that Sophie didn't want to rain on her parade, so instead she just went along with it and allowed the girl to have her moment.

In fact, Sophie couldn't even get her head around why they were doing this in the first place. Obviously, she knew that it was a way to honor Alison, but she couldn't comprehend that they had to do this. They shouldn't be building a memorial for Ali, she should be here. With them. With her.

"Well, couldn't we do something without the mosquitos" Hanna grumbled, swatting away the bugs from her face.

"They're not mosquitos, they're gnats" Aria replied.

"When did you become such a entomologist?" Sophie asked.

"Whatever. They're small, they're annoying and they're flying up my nose"

"Well they're attracted to your perfume" Sophie teased, "and your lip-gloss, and your hair products"

"So, what you're saying I attract flies now?"

"Gnats" Aria corrected.

"Why do I feel like we're going the wrong way?" Emily asked.

"We're not, this is it" Spencer stated confidently, "that's the halfway point, there's 136 steps left to the shed"

Of course, Spencer knew that.

"Have you been here? Since Ali?" Sophie asked.

"Me? No, no way" Spencer said, shaking her head.

Sophie would never admit it, but she had been back to the shed, and quite a lot.

She came when Ali had first gone missing, she had gone in hopes that she'd find the girl, and returned a few times before she moved in order to feel close to Ali.