𝟑.𝟏𝟐 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝘼𝙙𝙮 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧

season 3, episode 12

✦✧✦✧

Anxiety riddled Sophie's body as she tapped the heel of her foot against the wooden floor in the Hastings kitchen. The blonde was eighteen in a month – she should be planning her birthday but instead her mind was occupied with Garrett Reynolds' upcoming trial.

Sophie knew that she was bound to be pounded with reporters in the days leading up to the trial – she was the murder victims best friend after all. But nothing could have prepared her for this.

It was like all eyes were on Rosewood.

The moment she stepped out of her house that morning, a news reporter was in front of her instantly and she was grateful that her mom was there to politely tell them to fuck off.

From her seat at the kitchen island, Sophie's eyes were glued to the TV bolted in the corner of the room as she watched the news reporter update them on the situation.

"Jury selection is expected to conclude today, and defence attorney Veronica Hastings made a statement to reporters this morning"

The picture of Garrett Reynolds – the one that had been plastered all over town after his arrest faded off screen. Spencer's mother soon appeared in its place, various microphones shoved in her face as she spoke.

"My client is emotionally exhausted" Mrs Hastings said, "But he's relieved to know he's finally going to have the opportunity to clear his name-"

"How did this get so big?" Hanna whispered in disbelief.

A huge spotlight had been cast on their small town and unfortunately for the girls, they were right in the centre of the unwanted attention.

"I mean" Hanna continued, "It's like all eyes are on Rosewood"

"All eyes are on Rosewood" Sophie muttered sourly, "I mean a cop has been charged with killing two teenage girls"

"I can't help but think that Toby took the job in Bucks County just to avoid all this" Spencer sighed, picking up her coffee.

"Yeah, as much as I miss Jason, I'm glad he's not here for this" Sophie added.

She missed Jason so much, but deep down she was glad he was nowhere near Rosewood for the trial. Sophie couldn't even imagine the amount of reporters that would've been following his every move is he was in town.

Heels clicking against the floor, Aria moved from where she was standing in the doorway to join the three, phone still clutched tightly in her hand.

"She's taking the long way because reporters are hounding her for interviews" Aria told them, placing her phone down on the kitchen island.

"Okay" Spencer nodded. She switched off the television before focusing her attention on the three girls in front of her, "How are we gonna do this?"

"Well" Hanna took charge, "Emily thinks she's coming over so we can apologize but once she realized what this is, she'll probably be more mad at us than she was before"