𝟑.𝟏𝟎 𝙒𝙝𝘼𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙣𝙚𝘼𝙩𝙝

season 3, episode 10

✦✧✦✧

Sophie sat in-between Emily and Spencer on the small couch in Hanna's bedroom, the other two girls sitting opposite them.

Hanna held a small piece of ratty, aged paper in her hands that she had found under one of her plant pots outside. The paper had since been torn and ripped due to the weather and the prolonged period it had been left outside since Maya's death. The ink on the page had began to swell and leak, but the words were thankfully still readable.

"Emily, I'm so sorry for everything" Hanna read aloud, "I know we've had a disconnect lately. I hope you'll give me a chance to explain. I have to show you something, don't call my cell someone stole it. Meet me at-"

"Meet me where?" Aria asked when Hanna stopped.

"I don't know, I can't tell" Hanna said, eyes narrowing down at the page, "It looks like it's been washed out by the rain"

"Are you sure this is from Maya?" Spencer asked Emily.

"Positive" Emily responded.

"I wonder what she wanted to show you"

"I mean, the police told Jason that they think Maya found something that linked Ali's murder to Garrett" Sophie told them, hugging her knees into her chest, "Maybe that's why she was killed"

"Okay-" Spencer interrupted, "you guys, we need to slow down because we have no idea when Maya wrote that note. It could've been any time after Emily moved in here with you"

The whole situation was giving Sophie the creeps. It was bad enough when they discovered Maya's website, but this was something else. She felt sick, but she didn't quite know if it was due to the situation or the fact she had barely eaten since Jason left.

"You guys" Aria spoke up from where she was closely inspecting the letter, "it looks like there's a date on here, look"

Aria handed the letter to Spencer, who took it carefully. Sophie and Emily both peered over the brunette shoulders as they looked at the corner. A soft gasp left Sophie's lips as she noticed the date that was scribbled on the top.

"Oh my god" Spencer whispered.

"Maya wrote this the day she died"

✦✧✦✧

After school the next day, Sophie and Emily made their way over to Hanna's house to try and continue investigating Maya's website in order to find anything that related to Garrett.

Upon entering the Marin girl's bedroom, Sophie and Emily found the blonde sprawled out on her bed, surrounded by tons of printed out pictures of Maya.