𝟑.𝟏𝟖 𝘿𝙚𝘼𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚

season 3, episode 18

✦✧✦✧

The Brew had become the new meeting spot for the girls to discuss the latest developments with both A and Ali's murder case. Sophie had quickly met up with her friends at the Brew that morning and was currently on her second cup of coffee as Aria told the girls what had happened with Ezra. 

Ezra had left to meet his son after Spencer had been forced to tell him about his child by A. 

"Nothing?" Hanna asked as she sat next to Aria and Emily on the small couch that was tucked away in the corner of the coffee shop. 

"Nothing since he left" Aria sighed, "Well he sent an 'I got here' text"

"Well, that counts if you want it to" Hanna shrugged

"I mean I know he's doing the right thing, it's just the idea that something's happening hundreds of miles away that's gonna change everything" Aria sounded helpless as she spoke. 

"This is cold" Spencer said suddenly, "I'm gonna get a refill"

The brunette stood up from where she was sitting and excused herself towards the counter to get a refill. Spencer was as distant as ever, her break-up with Toby had taken a bigger toll on the girl than her friends had initially expected. 

Spencer still hadn't told the girls why her and Toby had broken up, and it wasn't like the girls could even ask him seeing as he had left town. Sophie was concerned for her friend, of course she was, Spencer was slowly becoming a shell of the girl she used to be. 

"Do you think Wilden read that notebook by now?" Hanna asked, drawing Sophie's attention away from her brunette friend and back to the rest of the girls. 

"He must have" Emily answered. 

"So, he knows what we know" Aria said, sitting back into her chair. 

"And what exactly do we know?" Hanna quipped. 

"Not much" Sophie scoffed, "As always"

"There was a picture of Wilden in Cape May, I'm gonna go to the police station after school" Emily told them, "Take a snap of it on my phone"

And uneasy feeling settled down Sophie's spine as the conversation flowed back onto the topic of Wilden and Ali once more. Knowing Ali might've been pregnant was one thing, but now that they knew it could've been Wilden's baby – well that changed everything. 

The thought of Wilden leading Alison's case when he had potentially got her pregnant had kept Sophie up much longer than she had wanted. A cold shiver ran through her body every time she thought about it. Now she knew she wasn't one to judge when it came to being involved with older men, but what unsettled the blonde was knowing that Wilden could have very well killed Ali if she was indeed pregnant.