𝟑.𝟎𝟏 𝙄𝙩 𝙝𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 '𝙩𝙝𝘼𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩'

season 3, episode 1

✦✧✦✧

Five months had passed. Five long months had passed by since the arrest of Garrett Reynolds and the discovery of Maya St. Germain's body. More importantly however, five months had passed since the girls found out that Mona Vanderwaal was in fact A, seeking revenge on the five girls for stealing her only friend. 

Sophie reached out to tuck a strand of blonde hair behind her ear as she laughed at Hanna's poor excuse of a joke, nodding along to the music softly playing in the background. 

Rihanna played softly in the background as the five girls sat huddled in the Hasting's living room, reminiscing on the events that had occurred over the summer.  Their A free summer. Sophie had to admit, it took a while to get used to not having to jump every time her phone beeped and constantly looking over her shoulder in fear as to who was watching. 

Sophie sat next to Hanna on one of the sofas, Emily to her right. Aria and Spencer were on the sofa opposite the blonde and each of the girls had a red solo cup in their hands, soda mixed with vodka. 

"Em, you and I are the only ones to do anything worth talking about this summer" Hanna claimed, "I mean Soph spent the entire summer in Cape May with Jason, Aria took some boring picture class and Spencer went to college" 

Hanna's comment was true to an extent, the blonde did spend her entire summer with Jason. The blonde absolutely loved spending the entire summer with her boyfriend and a huge weight had especially been lifted off her shoulders when she told her parents about her and Jason. Which, if Sophie was being honest was part of the reason as to why she had spent most of her time with Jason, things were a little – tense. 

"I took a full load at Hollis" Spencer defended, "and Aria beat out a thousand applicants for a space in that photography class"

Hanna smiled at the brunettes' words, but it was clear she wasn't at all interested, "So, how many houses did you build Em?" 

"Uh...I think we finished about six" Emily answered, her words already becoming slurred, having already drank more than the other girls. The tanned girl seemed to be only a shell of her former self, she was clearly haunted by the loss of her girlfriend. And light within Emily's eyes was snubbed out the minute they found Maya's body. 

"And in poor countries" Hanna started, "one house is like a home for fifty" 

"Okay Miss Productive" Sophie teased, "which of your list did you actually do?"

"Let's see" Hanna replied, raising her notepad so that the girls could see, "cooking class with Caleb, done. Volunteer at the animal shelter for pocket dogs-"

"Wait" Spencer interrupted, "that actually exists?"

"Did not do" Hanna said, "expand my vocabulary – effectuating"