𝟑.𝟎𝟐 𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙗𝙡𝘼𝙘𝙠

season 3, episode 2

✦✧✦✧

Labour day weekend had passed painfully slowly for Sophie and the bubbling pit of anxiety in her stomach had only grown more with each day that passed. The blonde had barely eaten or slept in the past three days, however, thankfully for her, the girl had mastered the task of hiding looking like she was on the verge of mental breakdown – which she most definitely was.

She had spent the previous days blankly staring at her phone, jumping every time it went off with a new notification in fear it was from A. besides the overwhelming feeling of anxiety, Sophie was also hit with so much guilt she didn't know what to do. She was lying to Jason – again. Just this time, she didn't know how long she would be able to hold onto her secrets for.

Sophie was currently sitting opposite Spencer, barely listening to the lecture Mrs Montgomery was giving.

"The author goes to great lengths to establish Hedda Gabler as a strong, proud woman" Mrs Montgomery explained as she walked across the classroom, "someone who could never live with the threat of being blackmailed"

As Mrs Montgomery was speaking, Sophie subconsciously started picking at the skin around her nails and pressed her lips together in a tight line. She hated the fact that her situation could be somewhat compared to made up story on a piece of paper.

"But Hedda was pushed to take desperate action" Mrs Montgomery continued, "and whilst she may have been brave, we see it as tragic. What might really be tragic is if some of you don't start taking some notes. Sorry, senior year is not all about skipping classes and dancing for the security cameras at walmart. That's what your weekends are for. You might want to research some of his other plays and see how they were received at the time"

Mrs Montgomery's lecture was interrupted when Emily suddenly let out a gasp, standing up from her seat and bolting towards the door. Her bag was clutched tightly in her hands and her breathing had increased dramatically.

Sophie caught Spencer's eye as the two shared a concerned look.

"Emily?" Mrs Montgomery said, "is everything all right?"

"C-can I be excused?" she asked, clearly upset. However, the swimmer didn't give the woman much room to say anything else as she darted out of the class room.

In an instant, Sophie was standing up out of her seat and following after Emily – the other girls quickly behind the blonde. On their way to the bathroom, the girls ran into a late Hanna who looked nothing less than confused.

"Wait, what's going on?" Hanna asked.

"We don't know" Spencer answered her, "just come on"

Sophie quickly pushed open the door to the girls bathroom, swinging it open. Upon entering the room, the girls found Emily frantically running her hands under the cold tap, her hands shaking.