𝟐.𝟏𝟖 𝘼 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜

season 2, episode 18

✦✧✦✧

Once again, the four girls were huddled around Caleb's laptop on the Hasting's kitchen island. The River's boy hastily tapped away at his keyboard, desperately trying to crack even more of A's cellphone whilst the girls intently watched. 

"It's a little quiet can you turn up the volume?" Aria questioned. 

"Can you make it full screen?" Emily chimed in. 

"Maybe make it a little brighter?" Sophie suggested. 

"Yeah, it's a little dark" Spencer nodded in agreement, "make it a little brighter maybe?"

"All right, that's it" Caleb snapped, "I've officially stopped taking requests"

The girls stiffened in their seats as Caleb gave them an annoyed look, before returning back to his work. 

"Can you guys like back up a little bit?" Caleb said, stopping working yet again to look at the girls. 

"We're not even that close to you" Spencer responded, rolling her eyes. 

"Really?" Caleb raised his eyebrows, "then how do I know you had a cheeseburger for lunch?"

Spencer didn't reply as she pressed her lips into a tight smile, leaning back from the boy – the other girls following suit. 

Caleb returned to his task at hand, the girls still hovering behind him just not as close this time. Once again, the video the girls had grew familiar of began playing as the last few seconds of the video lit up the screen. 

"Haven't we already seen this before?" Aria asked. 

"Yeah, but look here" Caleb said as he paused the video when the camera was dropped to the floor, revealing the spilled contents of Alison's box. 

"That's the box Jason gave me" Aria said. 

"I still can't see what's inside of it though" Spencer stated. 

"Yeah give me a second" Caleb muttered, typing away at his keyboard. 

Suddenly, the silence in the room was broken by the sound of Sophie's phone ringing. The blonde picked it up to see Hanna's contact displayed on the screen, she sent the call to voicemail with a sigh, turning her phone off afterwards. 

"It's Hanna" Sophie said quietly. 

"We may be able to get a clear shot if I-"

Caleb's explanation was cut off by Aria's phone ringing, the brunette girl mimicking Sophie's actions and quickly declining the call. 

"Hanna" Aria muttered. 

It didn't take long before Emily's phone too started ringing, yet again, Hanna's contact lighting up the raven haired girl's screen. Emily declined the call, not even looking down at her phone as she did so.