𝟏.𝟏𝟎 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝘼𝙡

season 1, episode 8 part 2

✦✧✦✧

"Well, that was painless" Jason sighed as he walked out of the school's meeting room alongside the girls.

"Not for principal Hartman" Spencer mumbled.

"He means well, but he needs to know who's in charge" the boy replied, clearly not catching on to Spencer's displeased tone.

"I think we all know that" Sophie shot back at him. The girl hadn't said one word to the boy since the other day at Spencer's. In fact, she had done everything in her power to avoid seeing him. The girl had spent the past two days at home, hauled up in her room, lying that she was sick. That was until the Hastings girl practically dragged her to school in order for her to attend the meeting with their principal.

"Is there a problem?" Jason said, stopping in his tracks and turning around to face the girls.

"You finally noticed" Sophie grumbled.

"There's no problem" Emily said, shooting her friend a look, "you're Alison's brother you should have the final say, but you're not the only one dealing with this".

"There's that closed door again" Jason said, "the secrets of the girls cuddled up in Alisons bedroom. Do you think that means you knew her better than I did?"

"No, it just means we knew her in a different way" Emily told him.

"Actually, yeah it does" Sophie shot back, ignoring everything Emily had said, "we were her friends which means we knew things and she told us things that you would never know"

"You'd know all about knowing things that others wouldn't" Jason fired back, causing the other girls to share a confused look. Sophie huffed, but before she could shout back a reply, Wilson's voice interrupted them from down the hall.

"Right here" he said, pointing to a locker, followed by one of the schools' janitors and a uniformed officer.

"What are they doing?" Sophie asked.

"That's Toby's locker" Emily informed them.

Sophie saw the look on Jason's face, she knew he was pissed, "Jason don't" she warned, reaching out to grab his hand before he could storm off. The Delaurentis boy looked down at Sophie's hand which was holding his own, he had missed her touch, and he didn't know how much he had needed it until now. She followed his gaze down to their interlocked hands, and quickly let go causing a frown to fall across his face.

"He needs a push Soph, and that is exactly what I intend to do" he said as he took off down the hall, the other girls following quickly, "Detective Wilden".

"Ah, you will find this interesting" the other man started, turning to face them, "we are having a look in Toby Cavanaugh's locker"

"Why do you think he's hiding in there?" Jason questioned sarcastically and Sophie couldn't help but let out a scoff at the comment.