𝟐.𝟐𝟑 𝙀𝙮𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙧

Season 2, episode 23

✦✧✦✧

After the girls had discovered the doll hospital and a boy after a boy had mistaken Aria for Vivian, the girls had hightailed out of Brookhaven as fast as possible. Sophie had an unexplainable feeling about Brookhaven, there was something off about it and it didn't settle well with the blonde.

"He recognized the coat" Aria said, "but when he saw it first, he thought it was Alison – Vivian"

The five girls were sitting outside of Lucky Leon's cupcakes, discussing whatever the hell had just happened in Brookhaven.

"When we noticed you didn't come back, he was gone"

Aria had been gone for no longer than five minutes, the girls hadn't even noticed she was gone until Spencer asked what was taking her so long. When the girls had turned to look for her, they saw a man walking away from her, leaving Aria with a name and a phone number.

"He was cute from the back" Hanna commented.

"Yeah, so was his front" Aria shrugged, "under different circumstances"

"So, he said he was in Florida?" Sophie asked, hands fiddling with the plastic lid of her coffee cup.

"For like a year" Aria nodded.

"What did you tell him exactly?" Spencer asked.

"Uh, I told him that I was a friend of Vivian's and that I hadn't seen her since she gave me the coat" Aria told them.

"Can I see that number again?" Spener asked again.

"Yeah" Aria said, pulling out the piece of paper from the pocket of the coat and handing it over to Spencer.

"Thanks" Spencer muttered, "Duncan Albert?"

"And he said they met in Brookhaven?" Sophie asked. The blonde didn't recognise the name, she had no memory of Alison telling her about someone named Duncan.

"Yeah, in a bookstore" Aria replied, taking a sip of her coffee, "couple places down from the creepy doll hospital"

"Well, whoever Duncan is, he's connected to Alison and what she wanted in Brookhaven" Spencer said.

"How do you know that he wasn't just some guy she flirted with in a bookstore?" Emily questioned.

"As much I wouldn't put it past Alison to, I don't think she would use Vivian to flirt with some random stranger" Sophie shrugged, "he's important somehow"

"Soph's right" Spencer agreed, "when she put that wig on she wanted something"

"I'll call him" Aria said firmly.

"You don't have to Aria" Sophie told her.

"Yeah, anyone of us could've been wearing that coat" Emily said.