𝟐.𝟏𝟒 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙢𝘼𝙣𝙮 𝙙𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙩𝙤𝙞𝙡𝙨 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙣𝘼𝙧𝙚𝙨

Season 2, episode 14

✦✧✦✧

One month. It had been just over a month since the five girls were in police custody. If they weren't seen as guilty before, they definitely were now. Thankfully, the influence that Mrs. Hasting's had and the lawyer power that she held got the girl's sentences reduced to simply tampering with evidence. The police didn't have anything that stuck, simply just the fact they were caught with the murder weapon – or what they thought to be. Their entire investigation was based on speculation, something that Mrs. Hasting's threw back in their faces, leaving the girls with nothing more than a months' worth of community service.

Of course, Wilden had not been happy with the outcome of it at all. Sophie swore she had never seen a grown man throw a hissy fit quite like Wilden had done when he discovered the girls were just serving community service.

However, despite them being released from police custody with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, it was hard for them to prove their innocence. Sophie couldn't deny – it didn't look good for them. They were all there when Alison was murdered, and neither of them could give a clear explanation as to they were in the middle of nowhere with the weapon.

To say that the majority of Rosewood thought that the girls were receiving special treatment was an understatement. Ever since Alison had disappeared, the Rosewood community had deemed the girls guilty, even if there was no evidence to back it up. And now, it seemed that people thought they were privileged pretty girls who weren't getting the punishment suitable for their crimes. Or those they were accused of anyway. And although Sophie was used to getting whatever she wanted, the perks of having lawyers for parents, she was grateful that it meant she wasn't going to be prosecuted for something that she didn't do.

The community service the girls were forced to serve was picking up trash in their local nature reserves and on the side of highways. Community service on top of school was wearing Sophie down to the bone, muscles she didn't even know she had were throbbing and aching in ways she didn't know were possible. That wasn't even the worst part in Sophie's opinion – is was the god awful orange jumpsuit. The thick itchy material did nothing but act as some sort of insulation, it did very little to stop the sun beating down on her, covering her in layers of sweat and painting her cheeks red. It was an unpleasant experience all around.

Sophie tightened her grip on the trash picker in her hand, stabbing the end of it into any little piece of trash in sigh, shoving it into the plastic bin bag she held in the other.

"Only one hour and thirty minutes to go" Hanna sighed, mimicking Sophie's actions and stabbing a piece of plastic with her own stick.

"I think it's like two hours" Aria corrected, "but who's counting?"

"How many hours you got left?" one of the other girls, dressed in orange like the liars, said to another girl.

"Six months" the other replied, a fake frown on her face as she clearly mocked the girls.