𝟐.𝟏𝟏 𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝘼𝙣 '𝘼'-𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡

season 2, episode 10

✦✧✦✧

Sophie hadn't moved from her spot under her covers since she saw Jason and Aria the previous night. She had multiple missed calls and messages from her friends asking where she was but she couldn't bring herself to speak to them. 

She woke from her unintentional nap when she felt a dip in the bed. Assuming it was her mother coming to scold her for being so lazy and for not attending school, she muttered for her to piss off, not even bothering to open her eyes.

"I know it's been a while but I don't look that old do I?" An all too familiar voice scoffed, "I'm offended"

Sophie's eyes shot open in an instant, she could recognize that voice anywhere. Alison DiLaurentis could be recognized by even a stranger. She was exactly how Sophie remembered, long, blonde hair that was perfectly curled to frame her tanned face. The infamous DiLaurentis green eyes, so kind yet so...mean. 

Sophie had always thought that Alison had the face of an angel – which was quite fitting now considering she was dead. 

"What - how? You're - you - this isn't possible" Sophie stuttered, unable to form a complete sentence, "you're dead?"

"Do I look dead to you hun?" Alison smirked, reaching out to run a hand through Sophie's blonde hair. An action that too real to be a dream. It felt more real than the softness of her legs from the white duvet cover that lay on her body. More real than the cool metal of her necklace hanging on her neck. More real than her own pounding heartbeat.

"How are you here?" Sophie said, "Why?"

"We'll when I found out my best friend was on the brink of a mental breakdown I had to come check if she was okay didn't I?" Alison joked, "I'd be a bad friend if I didn't"

Considering the topic of the conversation, Sophie found herself smiling back at Alison as she joked. It was a habit Alison had picked up in her early years, one in which Sophie had always been jealous of. Alison had the ability to manipulate a situation in whichever way she wanted. Of course, in times like these, Sophie was grateful for the fact that her blonde best friend could make her smile in the middle of a mental breakdown. But other times, it wasn't so nice. 

"I'm so sorry Ali" Sophie choked out, no longer strong enough to hold back the sobs so desperate to escape, "for everything. For what happened to you, for not -"

"For not telling me about Jason?" Ali cut her off, the smile instantly disappearing from her face at the mention of her brother's name. Yet another infamous trait of Alison DiLaurentis. The girl could change her mood in an instant, almost as if the smile she was wearing was simply just a mask.  

"You knew?" Sophie gulped. Now Sophie wasn't stupid, she knew Alison had a copy of the tapes, the very tapes that showed incriminating scenes of her and the boy, but she didn't know whether or not Alison had seen them.