~ 𝘞𝘦𝘢𝘬 ~

Sophia's POV:

I had maths, chemistry, history and PE today which all went by slowly, very slowly.

I share maths and History with Jackson and Austin, I share Chemistry with Mall and PE is with all of them although we are seperated into boys and girls.

We where playing a game of Basketball this lesson while the boys did some running. I went up against Mall but we went easy on each other like we always do.

If you ask me I'm pretty confident in my Basketball skills I attended loads of Basketball workshops so... I had my experience. My team won obviously although one of the girls sprained their ankle which honestly didn't come as a shock, most of the times we play basketball there is always one casualty.

Once the game had finished I found Mall and we went to the changing rooms. Now here is the thing about the changing rooms there cramped no scrap that, VERY cramped. There is no space and I'm not so confident about my body image so I tend too hide away with Mall who goes with me to our secret changing spot for the sake of good gossip. Our hiding spot is in the far corner of the changing room behind the showers so we never get seen.

"So Jackson's in a bad mood today" I told Mall.

"It's that day of the month hun" she joked. "Honestly I don't get him once he's chill then he wakes up like frickin satan." she adds.

I nod in disagreement "yep".

"No but today is just different he didn't even smile at our favourite song" I say with a hint of worry.

"Trust me its just that day again, he will be better and if he won't then that's his problem" she looks up at me and sees my worried face. "Look I'll talk to him if that makes you feel any better"

I smiled "Honestly what did I do to deserve you, huh ?".

"Um well there is....." she says grinning.

"WOW" I say sarcastically. We then get in a fit of laughter over completely nothing.

We tense up as we here the PE teacher step into the changing rooms. I quickly get my things together and follow Mall who was already rushing to get back to where everybody was. Luckily we got there before she called out our names on the register. I laughed under my breath as Mall ,who was standing behind Mrs Wel, pulled a face. She left and just as I was about to leave too. I felt a stabbing pain on my back. "OOPS" I heard a voice smirk. Olivia Smiths. Highschool mean girl the literal remake of Regina George blonde hair and a lump of lip gloss sitting on her plastic lips. She wore the same outfit nearly everyday. 

I hate her

I hate her. She is my neighbour and my bully since 1st grade. Its not the first time she has physically inflicted pain on me. She also hurt me emotionally like ALLOT.

Let me just go into detail, she is the reason I stopped eating for a week, the reason I decided to dye my hair 5th grade and the reason I couldn't look myself in the mirror for 2 months. Obviously my weaka*s self is too scared to confront her in anyway in shape or form so yeah. That's that.

This time when she hit me so hard in my back I couldn't hold back my tears the pain was so bad. I already knew that I was gonna have a bruise. I'm weak I guess I am.

Tears flooded my face as I tried to straighten without hurting myself any further but as I straightened out a whimper managed to escape my mouth. Mall was by my side already holding me up a bit, as Olivia and her crew stood sniggering and entertaining themselves at the sight of my pain.

Mall whispered into my ear "come on let's just go".

"Ok" I said weakly as my lips trembled.

I was still looking down at the floor as we made our way out of school. I was a mess I was crying and in a lot of pain. We got out of the building and I felt the heat of the sun hit against my face. 

"Jackson" I heard Mall yell. She waved him over. Brilliant now Jackson was going to see me like this. Ugh. I screamed inside my head as I didn't want him to know I'm weak but it is what it is I guess. 

"What the hell happened ?" He said as he rushed over to us.

"Well Olivia happened that's what" Mall said with the word anger screaming from her.

"Just...can you help me take her to your car ?" She sighed.

"Yeah, yeah uh let me just " he said as he lifted my arm over his shoulder. 

Minutes later we some how got to the car and I was gently placed in the seat. Jackson put my seatbelt on for me and for a slight second I felt his breath against my neck and electricity buzzed inside of me.

I played with my thumbs and tried to control my breathing as I waited for Mall and Jackson to stop talking. I heard some of there conversation just her asking him to stop being a jerk and him clearly getting a bit irritated but in the end he finally got in the car and Mall came up to my window.

She embraced me in a hug and whispered " I'll get that little piece of s**t" she chuckled. I smiled and let her go.

The whole journey back was silent. I didn't say anything accept for the occasional whimper as I tried to sit up. Every time I did I felt his eyes on me. Finally he couldn't take the silence anymore and took a turn in a dead end and stopped on the side. 

"Soph are you just gonna let her do that to you ?" he asked angrily. I didn't reply.

Then he lifted my chin up so that he could see me and we where face to face. I immediately tried to look down. 

"Hey, look at me" he said "They are worthless and you your special you have this humour this laugh a beautiful heart...Look its alright trust me it will be the pain will ease but don't let them control you okay ? " he asks with a weak smile.

I nodded. I looked up at him and stared at his hazel eyes. "Come here" he said pulling me into a hug. As he tightly held me against his chest I smelt his cologne and I smiled.