~ 𝘏𝘦𝘳 ?! ~

Sophia's POV:

I waited for a bit too long. So instead I pulled out my house keys and opened the door.

With my suitcase behind me, I walked through the door. I placed my bags down and took off my shoes. "anyone home ?" I asked as I walked to the living room. 

"surprise" everyone screamed as I stepped through.

I began to laugh. I ran up to mom and hugged her tightly.

"Hi" I began to cry I was so happy. 

Then I felt a number of arms and embraces all around me, turned out we where all in a group hug. I got around to everyone then I saw him...My smile immediately dropped.

I was a polite person so I whipped my tears, plastered a fake smile on and walked over to him, I mean them.

"Hi JP" I smiled as I tried to give him a hug.

I was stopped by her arm between me and him.

"Hi I'm Nickie" she smiled sweetly up at me, too sweetly. 

"Sophia" I said taking her hand and shaking it. I felt her grip tighten on my hand as I looked up at Jackson.

We stood there shaking each others for a while as things began to get awkward. I wanted to let  go but I was afraid. 

As my hands began to sweat I pulled away and moved slightly back. I turned around to realise everyone's eyes on me. I knew why they wanted to know how I would react. I didn't want to give on to them so I just smiled and nodded. 

I wanted to go up to my room and lock myself in there so without another word I grabbed my bags and walked up the stairs.

As I climbed the stairs the image of me climbing the stairs to the Old Tower where fast returning to me. I quickly opened my eyes again not wanting to be reminded of last, last year.

Jackson's POV:

She faked her smile well and good.

I could sense the sadness from her as she looked to me and back to her.

Nickie was a beautiful girl and was used to making me smile its just she didn't make me smile as much as Sophia used too.

Seeing her, I felt a wave of sadness hit my heart at the pain of it all. She ran up to her room and I contemplated going up to see her. In the end I did. I stood at her door listening for a bit, I heard her sniff and I frowned...she was crying. I knocked and waited for her to let me in. 

"sorry" I simply said standing in front of her. 

"for what ?" she said finally turning her gaze to me. 

"for every-" I said before I was cut off. "oh you mean for Nickie..." 

"yeah" I sighed.

"its fine" she mumbled brushing me off. I began to walk back when I heard Sophia's voice behind me.

"are you happy with...Nickie ?" she finally blurted out. 

I didn't want to answer because I'd have to lie. "yea, yes I am " I said as I trudged down the stairs.