~ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 ~

Sophia's POV:

Its a good 6 minute walk from my house to his so to be on time I got out of the house. Walking there I was anxious and nervous because we hadn't hung out for such a long time just the 2 of us and I started to think of the worst, like what could go wrong, what might happen. Now looking back I realise I was stupid. Nothing was going to go wrong In fact that one single night changes me, I mean us.

I walked up to his house and knocked 3 times like I always do. Mrs Passaglia opened the door.

"Hey hun how are you ?" she asked sweetly.

"I'm good yea everything's good" I replied with uncertainty.

"So where you planning on taking Jackson huh? " she asked smiling as she leaned on the door.

" Its a secret" I said chuckling. Watching Jackson stride down the stairs like a King. I looked up at him and smiled. He grinned back looking at his mom then back at me.

" Well you kid's have fun but not too much fun alright? " she said jokingly.

"yea yea" Jackson waved her off as she closed the door.

The walk to the secret spot would take 10 minutes and that meant ten perfect minutes for us to talk heart to heart.

"SO" I said awkwardly.

"so.." he replied scratching his neck.

"Ok do you know what ....STOP EVERYBODY STOP STAND STILL" I said as I came In his way making him stop dead in his tracks.

" how long have we known each other ?" I asked looking up at him.

"17 and a half years" he replied looking down at his feet.

"correct" I replied with triumph. "so then stop being so awkward and bring back the Jackson I know!!" I told him angrily. I admit it I was fed up of his girly attitude.

"get up" he replied.

"What ?" I said confused.

Then without another word he picked me up into a piggy back. I screamed. " Lead the way your majesty" he chuckled as we began to walk.

When we finally got there without wasting a second I quickly took off my clothes (except for my shirt) and ran in to the water. He came running after me.

"Soph!..this water is freezing " he yelled as he got up. I burst out laughing "no its not you big baby" I yelled back.

We spent hours swimming around, chasing each other and laughing. I was pretty sure the whole neighbourhood would have heard us but as I said It was the world against me and him just me and him. I smiled at that thought. Soon enough I began to get cold and as I turned around to call to him I realised he was gone. "Jackson" I yelled. "your not funny" I said standing stunned. Then I was grabbed from behind " hi there" he said as he picked me up (𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝘆𝗹𝗲) and walked me out of the water.

His hair was wet and messy and his chain lay on his bare chest. I found myself staring which was not good so I quickly looked away. We where still walking when he put me down and I felt his hand on my cheek his rings cold. I looked up at his hazel eyes. "What ?" I chuckled. "Jacks-" I was cut off by his lips against mine...