~ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦 ~

Sophia's POV:

"That's all for today, class dissmissed" and then everybody was up and out of the room as fast as they came.

Geometry was not my favourite subject but I had to do it as one my courses for Law so I had no choice but to listen and sit there through Mr Holdworth's boring lectures on numbers, data and statistics every other day (except for weekends).

Today was the last day of term before Christmas break and tomorrow was my flight out back to Oregon. It's been 2 years since my last visit and honestly I don't know what to expect...

I'm 20 years old big number. Some people ask what it feels like and... it feels like I'm still 18 not much has changed except I've learnt to speak out. I'm not the shy chubby 17 year old I was anymore.

And before you ask, no I have not seen or spoken to Jackson since our first term break.

After 2 months in Uni we went home for break, we talked and caught up on how life's been but it wasn't the same, I mean there was no love there anymore just the Best friend I once had.

We ended it there and then.

I was obviously upset but I wasn't surprised ever since the word University came up I knew that that was it. The End of us.

So when I got the message I was shocked. I didn't expect it would be him texting me asking me if I was coming home for Christmas as if he cared.

ᴊᴘ :)

Hey, Just wondering if you'll be home for Christmas ?

Hi, nice to see your the one to text first and yea I'll be home... why ?

I'm coming home next week so...Just wanted to know if I should expect you to be there :)

why would I not be there ?

You know your saying it like it was just me that left but you did too!

Ok well uh see you soon then

bye

*end of messages*

See what I mean...

Anyway that was a week ago and things might be different now but I don't expect them to be people just don't manage to change that fast.

I pushed him to the back of my mind because tomorrow I'd be in Oregon and I would see my mom, Todd and my family. They where all that mattered at the moment...family.

Jackson's POV:

Her name was Nickie, my girlfriend.

I met her after I came back from break.

She's beautiful, the reason for my happiness.

I have my own apartment and she was looking for one to rent so she became my roomie...that's kinda how it started. I don't know what to expect from Sophia when they meet tomorrow.

Sophia is coming down to Oregon and we're already here and have been for the past few days. I figured it would be best to let Nickie meet my mom, dad and Isabelle before Sophia. She would be crushed and I hated that, I didn't want to see her face when she found out.

The family planned a Christmas dinner on Christmas day...all together.

I wasn't looking forward to it, I mean sure I'd see my mom and dad but I didn't want to see her because It would bring back so many memories, too many of them.

I texted her a while ago giving her a heads up that I was going to be there although I didn't mention Nickie. In case she changed her mind about coming.