~ 𝘔𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 ~

Sophia's POV:
After that family dinner I was so tired, the whole time we talked about how we've been spending the past 2 years. Todd also took the opportunity to ask Mom for her hand in marriage she said yes! They make a good couple and Todd is the reason for my Mom's happiness. 

That dinner also brought back so many memories and it was hard not to miss Jackson. We had something special, and its funny now that I think about it, we let it all go within 2 words.

I mean 18 years of our lives spent together all ruined because...I don't even know why at this point. Was it us ? Was it Nickie ? Was it Uni ? Was it because we called it quits ?

It's hard to tell when you add everything up it comes out that these are all valid reasons.

Jackson's POV:
The dinner went well considering Sophia and Nickie where calm. I asked Nickie about her visit to Sophia which she straight up lied in my face about. I was gonna end it today but I need to get Sophia's help first.

I wanted to ask her if we could meet up but there was no place in the whole of Oregon where a memory wouldn't be brought back.

Instead I just decided to invite her out for coffee.

We would meet up in 30 minutes at the Carver Cafe.

Sophia's POV:
As I began to undress I got a text from Jackson, great. We would meet up in half-hour. At Carver Cafe he knew I would want to go Carver Cafe it's one of those cafe's you visit to study or to relax. My favourite spot as a freshman. 

I quickly spritzed myself with a bit of perfume and re-did my makeup and I was out. I took the bus because it was my only option I didn't want a ride from Jackson. It would be awkward. 

I got there within 15 minutes but by the time I settled down the door bells ran and he was walking down to my booth. He was a bit late but I wasn't going to mention it. 

"heyy" he smiled as he slid into the opposite sofa.

"hi" I said glancing up at him.

I looked around the Cafe, it wasn't busy except for the other 4 people. All seniors or old time friends. 

"So...what's wrong ?" I asked looking over the menu for what I wanted to order.

"Nothing, just wanted to meet up " he chuckled doing the same.

"uhuh" I mumbled.

"Ok soph, its Nickie its all Nickie" he finally blurted out looking over at me with distress.

I finally looked up. I was right I was always right. He continued.

"She's toxic and it hurts admitting it but the things she does, like I would never do that to her" 

"I understand you Jackson, you fell for the wrong one its normal, but why exactly are you telling me this ?" I asked.

"I wanna breakup" he sighed.

I smirked. Not that it was funny its just he was always gonna be walking back to me and I needed to get used to that. 

"how do I tell her without her going back to me ?" He asked.

"Well for starters say it to her face don't DO NOT text her. That's the worst possible way, and second of all DON'T open the door to her if she decides to come back " He was now paying attention to me. I knew this meant a lot to him.

"So you don't love her ?" I finally managed to ask him.

"I don't love her" he replied now looking down. "and I haven't for the past months" 

My eyes began to water I knew that pain. I would have never wished that upon him whether he broke my heart or not.

Jackson's POV:

In all honesty I was glad to have told her about Nickie. I told her everything even the threats and all. 

I knew she felt bad for me, I felt bad for myself.

Tears where welling in her eyes, I saw how they glistened from the corner lamps. 

She got up and ran over to me in a hug. She held onto me so tightly I was afraid I would break. I felt as single tear drops fell on my shirt. 

I stroked her hair as she held onto me.

In the end thanked her for everything I was grateful, but now I had to go to Nickie.