~ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 ~

Jackson's POV:
Mom had visited Sophia's Mom in the hospital A LOT. Practically every time she wasn't doing anything in other words, whenever she could.

I came along with her once or twice and Sophia was always there.

I would comfort her and we'd spend time playing cards. But we never really spoke about Nickie, I was glad we didn't, I hadn't heard from her since I made her leave.

I liked that about Sophia she knows what to ask and what not too. She knows where the line is basically, never steps over it. 

She was a comfort too, mostly for my Mom but she was there, which was enough for me.

We where all having dinner at the table (me, Mom, Dad, Isabelle) and Mom's phone began to buzz, it was Sophia. 

She picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"hey honey, what's up ?" my Mom was using her sweet tone. Sophia was sniffing a lot and I knew something was wrong.

"uh *sniff* just got a call from the hospital" she said in between silent breaks. Everyone watched as my Mom's face dropped. 

"she's gone..." Sophia's voice was shaking "but she's in a better place" she said as she choked on most words. 

Mom's face was expression less save for the single tear rolling down her cheek. 

Then we all heard as Sophia began to cry, silence, "goodbye" she whispered finally. 

Within seconds Isabelle's hands were tightly around Mom, I looked over at Isabelle pleadingly "go" she mouthed to me with a sympathetic smile. 

I immediately got up not wasting a second, grabbed my car keys and left. I needed to find Sophia. QUICKLY. From the phone it sounded like she was outside, no point in going to her house.

Sophia's POV:

I hated telling people someone's dead, It was my first time to ever make that kind of call. Usually my phone calls between people would be fun and happy but this one was one I'll always remember in vein. 

I didn't know where to go next I wanted to lie here and stare at the stars for a little while longer but it was getting cold. I got up, smiled up at the stars knowing I was being looked at and waved. 

Mom was in a better place I told myself over and over again.

I trudged the way home my make-up smudged all over my face. My hair was a mess too but right now I couldn't care less about my look. 

After all my Mom just died, I was getting ready for a long ride of sorrys and apologetic looks. 

I didn't want to do much and I wanted to lie down although I knew I would never close my eyes.

As I got up to my house and pulled out the keys I was startled by someone hugging me from behind. I saw the brown wavy hair and smelt that same cologne and knew it was Jackson.

Don't ask if I felt butterflies at that moment because my emotions where turned off I couldn't feel anything except the pain, the grief, the mourning.

"I'm so sorry" he said as he gripped on to me tighter.

"don't be sorry for something you haven't done " I sighed as I pulled away and walked on to the house.

"a-are you ok ?" he asked, concern was plastered on his face.

I laughed. " do I look like I'm ok ?" 

"no" he looked down. "look Sophia I know your upset but please let me help you" he begged walking slowly over to me. He was looking for my reaction.

"I'm still real you know" I said as I turned to face him.

"ok good, cause I needed to do this-" he was cut off by a kiss that he himself planted on my lips.