Chapter 14

When we passed the exit for the city we all yelled at coach who was driving the bus.

" Shut up you heathens, we're not going to the city, we're going to Lake Placid," he yelled.

I laughed, coach acted like he hated us with everything he was. But we all knew he loved us.

" Lake Placid? Oh my god," I mumbled, " We'll be on the same ice as the miracle team."

" Calm down OC," Mason laughed from the row across from me.

" OC?" I questioned.

" O'Callahan, that's who you're named after right?" He questioned.

" Yeah I guess so," I replied," Jack O'Callahan, that would explain my middle name. But just think, Lake Placid."

" Calm it down kid, it's just a rink," Cooter laughed.

I stuck my tongue out at him and flopped back down on my row.

I blasted my music and started thinking about the game. I still wasn't sure if coach would let me play. I hadn't done to well in practice, and it was already confirmed that I was the main target for every team. I was going to be the only girl player there. Teams from all across the country and Canada are coming to Lake Placid, and I'd be the only girl. In other words, I was going to die.

We ended up staying in Olympic village, how fricken cool! I don't know how, but we got the same room as the Miracle team, and yes I screamed.

They made me sleep in my own room, I couldn't stay with the team rightfully so though. I guess I understand that I'm basically a liability. None of us got much sleep though. We all ended up watching film on the other teams. Mason broke out the Mini Hockey nets and sticks. We basically had a little team party. Well that it till Parker and Coach shut us all down, forcing us back into our rooms.

I pulled my blanket up to my neck, sleep never came though. The nerves alone were going to kill me. I sat back up and turned my lights on. I grabbed my stick and my tape roll and got to work. Yeah I do this when I'm nervous.

I finished my stick and grabbed the wax, I don't know what it does to be honest, but it helps with the puck or something.

The sun was already making an appearance in the sky by the time I was actually getting tired.

" Well, looks like it's game time," I laughed," Time to kick some Yankee hockey butt."