Chapter 25

The game had ended in a win. Just two more and the season was over. Since it was a Friday night, and Connor's family was out of town, he was throwing a party. We were all instituted to keep it on the DL, and to tell our parents we'd be spending the night at someone else's house.

I'd showered fairly quickly and ran out to find Cooter. Being the cute boyfriend that he was, he took my bag and loaded it into his car for me, and waited for me to go say bye to Mason.

"You sure you don't want to come man?" I questioned.

"'Maybe later okay?" He replied," I want to ride around for a bit."

"Okay, let me know if you want to come though," I said giving him a hug," I'll see you after you get back from Virginia okay?"

We had a by week, no practices or games. A bunch of the boys were taking the opportunity to go look at schools and stuff, even I wanted to go. Mason held me tightly and promised he stop by the moment he got back. He was starting to get on his bike when I remembered the pictures in my bag.

"Mase, hold up a sec " I yelled running to my bag. I pulled out three pictures and ran back," Found them when I was going through all pictures. I um, well I didn't want to put them on my wall after everything."

"Is that Perry?" He questioned looking at all of them.

Perry had once been on our hockey team, and was one hell of a player. He was Mason and I's best friend before Cooter came fully into the picture. We were twelve when the accident happened. Our little team had been turned upside down, Perry had been killed by a drunk driver. After that his parents moved to Virginia, to be closer to their family. I knew Mason was planning on stopping by, since his parents always loved Mason.

"I thought maybe you could give them to his folks," I replied ," I mean, it still might be too soon... But those were the best ones."

He nodded and turned back around to get on his bike. It pained me to be saying goodbye, even if it was for a short time. Over the past few weeks he'd spend almost every single day at my house, along with Cooter.

The three of us knew our time together was extremely limited now. Though he hadn't said anything yet, we had a pretty good idea that Cooter was going to leave us at the end of the school year. That in itself would be enough to break me.

"Ready?" Cooter asked when I got in the car.

I nodded and looked in front of me. I tried not to think about it much. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the boys that would be leaving, going to bigger and better places, and I wasn't ready for our season to be over.

Not much time passed before Cootes pulled into Conner's street, which was already full of cars. How his neighbors didn't notice I'll never know. But hey if Connor got caught for this, I'd already be long gone.

"Just be good okay Coots? Don't need a repeat of your brother," I said standing on my toes to kiss him.

"And you little miss, I've heard things about your half brother, don't need of him either."

It was supposed to be a joke but I in no way, found it funny. But even I had heard all about my half brother, he'd become the talk of our school pretty quickly. And although he's been here for a few weeks, I've yet to lay eyes on him. I had no idea if we had the same eyes, or anything else. The herterochomia was genetic, hereditary. Maybe he had it too, or maybe his little brother did.

So far my dear little half brother has supposedly already shagged four girls in my grade. The hockey girls have talked about it, about him. I've hated hearing all about him, it made me sick.

"Sorry I didn't mean-"

"Just shut up okay? I think I need a drink," I mumbled walking in.