Chapter 27

"He asked you to prom?" Lilly asked me.

Cooter had dropped by this morning, as promised. Turns out my ass of a boyfriend wanted to send me on a little scavenger hunt, which ultimately lead me all the way back to him. He was waiting for me, center ice, with roses and pucks that spelt, prom?

Of course I couldn't say no to that. Although I had to admit, prom was not on my todo list this year. But there was no getting out of it now.

"Yeah I mean, we are dating. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Go to prom with your boyfriend?" I questioned.

She shrugged and grabbed another dress of the rack. We had a week before prom, and both of us had put off getting dress. Me for obvious reasons, and Lilly just because she was too lazy to go on her own.

She took one look at the red dress, held it up to me and shoved it in my hands," Shoo, go try that thing on."

"Lills, my boobs are gonna pop out of this thing. I can already tell," I groaned giving it back to her.

"Oh my god Callahan, live on the wild side. You can't live in hockey gear and crap tshirts forever," she pulled two more dressed off the rack and through them at me.

I stuck my tongue out at her and sulked off to the dressing room. Lily grabbed her fairs share of dresses and hopped into the one next to me. The whole time she kept babbling about how great this was going to be. She was far more excited about this than I was.

" I don't get why everyone is so exited about prom," I groaned trying to stuff myself in one of the dresses," it's just a stupid dance. Everyone at school is acting like not getting a date means the end of the world."

"You my dear have never been a real girl. You've spent too much time with boys," She laughed," Honestly though Cals, I'm your first friend that doesn't have a dick. So consider yourself lucky that you have me to guide you through prom."

"Whatever you say Lillian."

                                 *

"She didn't give you a hard time did she?" Mason asked.

"Wasn't too bad," I replied

"EH SMITH!" Conner called from
Across the rink.

"Gotta go," I hopped the wall to take his place.

With one game left we all decided that a game of pickup wouldn't be the worst idea. So half the team plus half the 14U kids got together and basically beat each other up for a forty minutes. I'll say I was pleasantly surprised to find out just how physical my little brother and his team could be. I mean, they sat Cooter in the first few minutes.

I saw Jared had the puck, and had his head down too. Since I was the closest to him, I decided to take him on. After all, who doesn't love a bit of sibling rivalry. I rode Cooter into the corner. The two of us started fighting for the puck.

"In your dreams Cals," he told me guarding the puck.

"I don't think so Jared," I got my stick around his leg and pulled the puck free.

I passed the puck up to Mason, who was now on the ice. I hauled ass to get up to the net. Mason yelled my name and passed the puck back to me. With a quick look, I sent the puck flying towards the back of the net.

"Hey Jared," I called back towards my little brother," Thats what you should've done!"

"I'm really starting to regret this," Jared mumbled to Mason as he skated by.

"That's why I'm on her team, you idiot," Mason laughed tapping the back of Jared's leg with his stick.

"Alright you've all had your fun," Coach Cartwright yelled," time to lock up."

We all groaned and got off the ice. After getting undressed and having a quick shower, I met the boys back out front. Jared was with all of his boys, laughing over some stupid joke. While my team was all huddled together talking about our last game. After another five minutes we all decided it was too cold to stay annoy longer and we all retreated to our cars.

"Thanks for the game Cal," Jared told me.

"No problem kid," I replied," By the way, I meant to tell you earlier, but your shot is getting a whole lot better. We might have to get you a new stick soon though, the flex isn't quite right."

"You're only saying that because you want me to miss the net next time," He joked.

"Possibly."

The Penalty Boxजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें