Chapter 61

The summer flew by without any of us really noticing. Between working on the rink and keeping it up and running, while running my own hockey club, and coaching it, and with Coty and the hurricanes, we'd all stayed very busy.

"Tyler let's go man!" I called fixing my hair," We can't be late!"

"I'm coming!" He yelled as he ran down the stairs," Letts should be here any minute."

Over the summer, Tyler started dating one of the ponytail players, Scarlet Davis. She'd told us all multiple times that she'd be playing with Tyler if her parents would just let her play with the boys. But they were naturally afraid of her playing full contact.

"I'm here!" She yelled running into the door.

"Okay, lets go then!" I laughed snatching my keys off the side table.

Ty grinned and pulled his jersey on and hugged Scarlet as they walked out behind me. I smiled as I watched him kiss the top of her head and open the car door for her.

In the last couple of weeks, Coty and I had talked a lot about adopting Ty. He was already a part of our family, so we'd only be making it official. But of course, that was only if Ty wanted to really be a part of our family. We, however, weren't going to ask him until we were sure it was something we could do.

We'd planned to talk to him about it soon. The moment we were sure that we could actually adopt him, so until then we just had to wait.

"So you guys get the seats, and I'll be in the WAG box if y'all need me," I told the two teenagers as we entered the rink.

"You're the best," Ty laughed, taking the tickets from my hand.

"Just remember, I can see you from the box," I warned.

He shook his head and lead Scarlet away. I could hear them laughing as they walked off. It brought a smile to my face to see him happy. I didn't think I'd be able to know what it felt like to be a parent so young, but I understand now. I understand why my mom used to say she'd do anything for her kids to be happy.

I took a few more seconds before I started to make my way up to the box that all of the wives and girlfriends all hung out in. I normally didn't go up there for the whole game, but I'd promised Ty the seats. It wasn't that I didn't like the WAGS, it was more of the fact that I had a better view of the game from the seats.

Most of the girls were already in the box, sipping on their drink of choice. I was attacked with hugs the moment I was actually in the door. Although most of us had been to all the preseason games, and even hung out during the off season, there was just something about opening night.

"Here have a drink!" Heather Staal cheered.

"Can't, I'm driving the kids home," I laughed.

"Shame," She sighed," You know, I heard you and Coty are talking about kids."

I could feel my face redden," That damn boy doesn't know how to shut up in the locker room."

She laughed and pulled me to sit down," Jordan just said he mentioned it. I think all the little Baby Canes that we have running around has gotten to him."

I shrugged," We've talked about it. I mean, we've only been married for a couple of months, but we've been together for years," I replied," It's crazy to think that I'm married to my high school boyfriend, and that I'm having kids with him."

"Oh? Having?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

I cursed, but still smiled sheepishly," You cannot tell anyone, because I haven't even told Coty yet... but yes."