Chapter 65

"There's my sweet Emmy!" Ty cooed picking her up.

"You're so whipped," Scarlet laughed.

"Oh, I know," He admitted," But look at this sweet little face."

I laughed at the two of them. Emily had just woken up from a nap, and Ty had been the first one to go get her. He'd become very attached to her since we brought her home. Especially with Coty being away every few days for games.

"Guess who gets to go to her first hockey game tonight," Ty said in a baby voice," That's right, you do!"

Scarlet laughed and took Emily from Ty. The two of them had somehow bonded even more after the arrival of Ty's little sister. I liked watching it, because I liked seeing him happy. Ty'd had his fair share of hard times in his life, so to see him smile almost all day everyday made my heart happier than I thought possible.

"We've got to get a move on," I told the two of them," Definitely don't want to miss the start of game 5."

"Does dad even know you two are coming?" Ty asked.

I smiled at the sound of him calling Coty dad, it'd been something he started doing since Emily was born. He didn't do it all the time, mainly just when he was around the baby. But it was a start.

"Well, he knows we had her two week checkup," I shrugged," He, however, doesn't know that I asked if she was clear to go. So, it should be a good surprise."

Emily and I had missed the last round and a half of the playoffs. She hadn't been old enough to go, and I was still recovering. So we both had to watch from home. But tonight things were going to change.

Emily had been gifted a little tiny Canes jersey by the whole team. Tonight seemed like the perfect time for her to wear it. If they won tonight, the cup was theirs. Coty would finally be a champion again.

"Alright give me my kid, we've gotta go," I laughed taking Emmy back from Scarlet.

"Let's go get the cup."

They had to fight for every single shot they took. The Kings weren't a team to go down without a fight. Especially since this was it, this was do it die for them.

But as the clock ran down the cheers got louder and louder. One goal, that's all that separated us from the Kings. That one goal was going to win he cup for Carolina.

Emily squirmed in my arms. She smiled and giggled the best she could, almost like she knew what was going on. Her big earphones whacked my face as she turned her head, but I was too excited to even care.

With my free hand, I clutched one of Ty's. This was it, one minute to go. The cheers got louder. The players on the bench started banging their sticks during the last shift. They were going to win.

I knew what it felt like to win a National Championship on a youth level, but this was something completely different. This was history. Coty had been lucky enough to win his rookie season, but he like so many other players who'd done the same, didn't appreciate it as much as they should've.

The Hurricanes jumped the wall and all flooded onto the ice. They all tackled Coty and our Goalie. I started crying just watching the sight.

The camera was already focused on Coty, since he was the captain. He looked up towards the ceiling and tapped his chest with his fist. Not many knew what that meant, but it was for Josh.