Chapter 18

" You guys kissed! And you didn't call me as soon as you got in your room!" Lily yelled over our Skype conversation.

" Well it was late and I just... I don't know. I don't know how to feel about all of it," I sighed," I've just never felt this way about anyone before. He just came and wrecked my whole plan, and the crazy part is I never cared."

" You're in love with him Callahan. It's not rocket science," Lily laughed.

I shook my head, I couldn't be in love. Not now, I have hockey and college to worry about. Having a boyfriend does not fit into all of this right now.

" I do not like Cooter, we are just friends," I mumbled.

" Right, friends that have kissed like three times," she laughed," don't see you kissing Josh."

" That's different," I protested," Joshua is like my brother."

She laughed, I could tell she was finding my crappy love life hilarious. There was a knock on the door, I yelled come in knowing it was probably Mason who had a key to the hotel room.

" Hey Smith what up?" It was Cooter, followed by Mason.

" lover boy is here!" Lily yelled.

" Okay bye Lils," I said quickly as I shut off my laptop.

" Was that my sister?" Mason asked.

" No! It was not I was talking to one of the other girls, I miss them," I replied quickly.

Mason and Cooter looked at each other and then back at me," you're acting weird," Cooter stated.

I shook my head, " no
I'm not," I'm such a bad liar. He knows that, and Mason knows that.

" Is this about last night?" Mason questioned.

Cooter and I looked at each other and back at Mason, " Don't know what you mean," Cooter replied.

" Right, well while you two refuse to DTR, coach is waiting for a 'mandatory meeting'",

" DTR?" I questioned.

" determine the relationship," Mason replied," you can't hide the fact that he two of you are in love for ever."

I couldn't help but laugh, Cooter and I? In love. No that would be impossible, no way would I let that happen," In your dreams Mason."

I grabbed my bag and walked out waiting for them to follow. After all, coach would hate us if we were late. But it also got me out of that awful conversation. The boys footsteps thundered behind me.

" Mase, you go on. Tell coach we'll be there in a minute. Callahan just needed her wrist rewrapped," Cooter said lightly grabbing my arm.

He didn't call me smith.

" Just don't do anything I wouldn't do children. After all, this is a fine establishment, and a public place," Mason said waving as he walked away.

Cooter brought me down the hall a bit and turned around to face me," What are we doing Callahan?" He questioned.

That was twice in less than five minutes that he hadn't called me Smith.

" I'm not sure what you mean," I replied looking up at his grey eyes. My heart sped up for no reason.
I will not let myself feel this way about Cooter, I can't. It's not in the plan, hockey, school, and maybe then boyfriend. As long as said boy isn't a teammate.

" I thought I did a good job oh making my feelings known last night," he mumbled his eyes pleading with me," I like you Callahan. And I do mean I really like you. I know you're more focused on hockey than anything else but."

He didn't finish. But it was a lie, I wasn't focused on hockey, not when all I could think about was him. Durning a game, I'm constantly scared that he's going to get hurt or something. It's taking away from my game.

I didn't the stupidest thing I probably could have done in that moment. I kissed him.

I wrapped my arms around him, and kissed him like it was the most natural thing  to do.  He wrapped one arm around my waist, and with his free hand cupped my cheek. We pulled apart not long after. But the thing was, I didn't want too.

" Now was that so hard?" He teased.

" I hate you," I mumbled.

" See if that were true, you wouldn't have kissed me like that," he said raising his eyebrows, " Let's just give us a try Calli, if we don't work. Then we don't work, no harm done. Okay?"

I held my breath and thought for a moment before coming to an answer," okay," I breathed out," but no babying me on the ice. I'll drop you so fast you won't even know what hit you."

" wouldn't have it any other way," he grinned taking my hand.

But the one thing I really wanted to know was; how long till all of this went south?

A/N
okay how much do you guys hate me for not updating? I'm really sorry about that by the way! My summer was super busy and stressful. Yeah summer can be stressful. My brother left to go play Juniors again this year *USPHL for those who don't know* so of course that only added to my stress. And a bunch of other stuff happened.
Anyway I'm going to try and update as much as I can. Can you believe it's nearing a year since I started all of this? Cause dang I can't! okay well enjoy!!

Kisses-M