Chapter 7

Cooter still has his arm around me when we walked into the restaurant. I did my best to not fall down in front on my team, but you know.

" Whoa, Cooter. Who's the girl."

I looked at my line mate Connor Jepson, the idiot, " Jepson nice to know you don't know your own line mate." I laughed.

" Callahan? No way Smith. You're here with Cooter?"

" You look surprised Connor." Cooter laughed.

I know what you might be thinking. What kind of parents name their child Cooter? Well his real name is Coty like Cody. Cooter is just a nickname he for back in the fifth grade. It sounded better than Coty so he stuck with it.

" Sweet man" Connor exclaimed hi fiving him.

" Don't be such boys." I scoffed walking away. I joined some of the girls over by the DJ. My brother was awkwardly standing next to a girl about his age, I think her name was Angie. I smiled at how idiotic he looked, but it was cute. I could tell that he kinda liked that girl.

" What your date already ditched you." Mason laughed.

" Nah, the Bromance took over." I said pointing to Cooter and Connor. Mason laughed and handed me some punch, I took it happily. I think Cooter and Connor were talking about hockey, the Ducks if I were right.

I walked over, to the two of them, " Mind if I steal your boyfriend for a dance?" I asked. Cooter laughed and took my hand dragging me over to the dance floor.

After a while we all opened our presents from the team. One of the boys got me one of those anger management stress ball thingys. Saying I'd need it when we'd play Halifax.

The party was almost over, Mason looked at me and I knew was he was thinking. Normally he'd sing something. Yeah he can sing. But I was supposed to sing with him. Everyone dispersed and waited for the music to start. I hid behind the tree, I didn't want to do this. If there was something I was more scared of besides not playing hockey, it was singing.

I gripped my mic till my knuckles turned white. Mason started the song, it was Christmas Baby Please Come Home.

" The snow's coming down, we're watching it fall. Watching the people around, baby please come home." Mason sang, " The church bells in town, they're ringing a song ,what a happy sound, baby please come home.

I took a deep breath, " They're singing deck the halls, it's not like Christmas at all. I remember when you were here, and all the fun we had last year." I could hear the mummer of people wondering who was signing with Mason," Pretty lights on the tree I'm watching them shine. You should be here with me. Baby please come home,Baby please come home." I finally walked out from behind the tree, My little brother had the biggest smile ever.

Cooter, well he was extremely confused. He didn't know I could sing, nobody did. My heart pounded, I felt like I'd pass out. But we kept going, before the song ended a third voice joined in. I knew that voice, but I couldn't place it. The song soon turned into I'll Be Home For Christmas, Charlie sang that song to me before he left for he left. The idiot only sang the Justin Beiber version, saying it was better.

"Baby think of me, if it helps to get you home. Home for Christmas." The guy was now right behind me, I turned around and there was Charlie, in his uniform.

" Looking out the window waiting for your head lights, to pull up in the drive way. It's really coming down tonight." Charlie sang. I automatically threw my arms around him. He was back, and alive, and here. It took everything I could not to cry. Jared soon joined us, we were all back together.

" You're back." I smiled.

" Merry Christmas." He laughed, "You look like a girl." He said once I let go of him.

I laughed " Yeah, I've been told."