Chapter 2

I walked out of my lockeroom and onto the ice. It's been a week or so since the game. Though, coach has threatened to bench me, he hasn't. As far as my letter goes, I kept the yellow A on my jersey. How I have no idea, if I were coach I'd rip that A off!

" Smith, you gonna play clean for once in your life?" My fellow Assistant Captain, Cooter, asked.

" You gonna stop being a jerk?" I fired back.

" Back off Smith! He'll crush you." Someone on the team laughed.

" My money's on Smith." Mason joined in.

" Alright Smith, you want to play like a goon, let's see if you can fight like one." Cooter came out of no where and decked me, knowing he'd get a fight.

I threw a punch, and he threw one right back. I got him in a headlock and just nailed his head till his helmet came off. We both fought to the ice before Mason pulled me off of him.

" Smith, get off my ice!" Coach yelled.

" Coach! You can't be serious!" I laughed.

" OFF! And I'm getting that A off your jersey. Cooter is the only assistant Capetian." He yelled. I looked over at Cooter, who though had a bloody blasted lip, was still smirking. That little AHole.

" You little!" I yelled starting to go after Cooter again. Though this time half the team held me back " Let me at him!"

" Calli, this is what he wants, now get off the ice." Mason said skating in front of me.

I shook my team mates off, " I'm good." I said before staking off " You just wait Cooter! You don't mess with hockey playing girls!"

**************************************

" What are you doing home so soon?" My dear mother asked when I walked in the house.

" I got kicked out of practice." I mumbled.

" Are you an idiot!" My little brother Jared yelled " You shouldn't play the way you do! See where it gets you! Do you see Jeff Skinner playing that way? NO!"

" Jared, that's enough." My mom sighed " Callahan, just go to your room."

" Just wait Mr. Hockey God! One bad coach is all it takes." I mumbled running up to my room. I'm pretty sure all that could be heard from down stairs was me obliterating my wall with hockey pucks. Yeah, I'm doing some more target practice.

I missed about five shots in a row, so I got mad and threw a puck at my wall. Lodging it in the wall, oops.

I fell to the ground and curled up into a ball, I grabbed my hair and just rocked back and forth.

" There's a puck in your wall." I voice said after a few minutes.

" What did I do Mason?"

" You fought Cooter, it needed to be done. " He said crouching down so he was at eye level " After you left, the whole team went into Civil War mode."

" Did someone beat the lights out of Cooter?" I questioned.

" I did, once practice ended. Full on threw him up against the wall in the lockeroom, He won't mess with you again." Mason laughed.

" And the bad news is?"

" Coach benched you till you get your act together."

Oh joy, well now I know coach has balls. That's kinda a surprise seeing as he's never benched a player. That is unless you count his son, Jones, but no one counts him.

I didn't know I was crying till Mason hugged me. We might act like we hate each other, but Mason and I are like family.

He's like my brother, more so than my own brother is half the time. I mean, I love my brother, but he even rides me. I can't even breath on the ice without getting a load of crap from him. He thinks because he's on the A team that he's better than I am. Don't even get me started on the attitude that he gives me.

" Why don't we go to Cookout, you like that type of food." I let out a small laugh and nodded.

I might be a hockey player, but I still love comfort food, and Cookout is as good as it gets.

I saw half the team sitting at one of the tables, not to my suprise Cooter was with them.

" She needed to be benched, she sucks." he laughed. I knew he was talking about me. I'm the only girl.

As much as it crushed me to hear that. I knew it was true, I was the dirty player. I needed to be benched. In all reality, all I ever did was bring the team down.

" For once in your life, you're right Cooter." I mumbled " Congrats on assistant captain." I walked away. Leaving Mason and the other boys stunned at what I had just said. I was even stunned, I didn't know I was capable of that.

Guess we learn something new everyday.