Chapter 59

The day that Coty and I got married was one that I'd never forget. We got married in the middle of spring, in an open field with wild flowers all around. His entire team was there, along with past teammates and friends from various other teams across the league. All of our family was there, including my Lightning Boys.

Surprisingly, despite us both telling him that he didn't have to, Coty picked Ty to be his best man. And true to the promise I made in high school, Lily was my maid of honor.

The wedding itself was simple, nothing over the top. Same with the reception, which we had in a different part of the field. We'd gotten big tents and put them on big wooden platforms. Everything about it just felt right.

Everyone laughed and danced the night away. Every speech made incorporated ours years of hockey somehow, whether it be the story of how we got together, or how we got back together years later.

We hadn't planned on a honeymoon, mostly because we both had too much going on, no matter the time of year. I looked over at Coty after the previous speech was over, he nodded and got up, holding out a hand for me to take.

Together we walked over to the microphone, hand in hand. We had one last thing we needed to do.

"I want to thank you all for coming to share this special day with us. We know that a lot of you had a long way to go to get here, and Callahan and I really appreciate you all being here," Coty said," When I proposed to this incredibly amazing woman, I did it with the support of two equally amazing teams. Both my own team, and the team the Callahan coaches, so thank you to all of you as well for helping us get to this point."

"You are all a big part of our lives, and you're part of our family as well. I should warn you though, I'm going to be one hell of a hockey wife," I joked, everyone broke out in laughter," In all seriousness though, I'm extremely lucky to now be able to call this man my husband, just as I am extremely grateful for all of you."

I wrapped an arm around Coty, and lifted my glass," To family, both old and new."

The night carried on, slowly and yet somehow almost too fast. I was beyond happy to now be called Mrs. Bruner, to know that Coty and I were now one. We didn't really separate for the whole night, we walked hand in hand, or had our arms wrapped around one another. Personally, I didn't want to leave him for even a second.

As soon as the season started, we'd both be pulled in a thousand different directions. I wanted to savor every single moment until then.

"Just so you know, Jordon said that I could crash with him for a few days, Dolton will be there too," Ty mentioned.

My face turned red," Ty you don't have-"

"Look, as much as I love my own room, I'm pretty sure dipping out for a few days is a good idea. Your mom offered to let me crash there," He shrugged," But I figured I might as well crash with some of the boys. Besides, I practically lived with Jords for a couple of months back in freshman year."

I shook my head but pulled him in for a hug," Thank you for everything Tyler," I whispered.

"You're the ones who gave me a home," He replied," I should be thanking you."

"Bud, time for your best man speech," Coty said walking up to Ty and I.

"Shit, I forgot," Ty cursed, but before I had a chance to glare at him he quickly added," Sorry, language I know."

Ty grabbed a mic and hopped onto the stage, he took a second to fix the hockey hair, which he'd finally trimmed for the wedding, but only after my weeks of nagging.