Chapter 34

Lily zipped up my dress for me. We'd spent the last two hours getting ready, and honestly we looked pretty great. I'd traded up from the innocent little blue dress from last year, and I'd gotten a blood red, tight fitting, kick ass dress.

Lily had gotten a lavender dress with a really cool keyhole back. She honestly looked really beautiful. I'm sure her brother would have something to say about it later though.

"Man Coty doesn't know what he's missing," Lily said when I turned around.

I swallowed and took a deep breath. The innocent looking girl from last year's ball was long gone. Even my makeup reflected the change.

"Feel free to nail Con in the you know what if he tries anything," I winked.

She laughed and shoved her feet in her shoes," Got it covered. Besides, he's actually really sweet."

I choked on air and then laughed. The door bell rang from downstairs followed by the combined yelling of Jared and Charlie.

"Your dates are here!" They yelled not bothering to get up.

"Alright, here goes nothing."

I took one more look at my phone, which had about five unread messages from Coty and chucked it on my bed. I was not having this tonight. Tonight I was going to have stupid fun with my team, even with Coach's crap taste in music.

I took one more look at myself in the mirror. I honestly wouldn't have known it was me. Dark eyeliner rimmed my eyes followed by some smokey eye thing. Lily did it and I could've sworn it was black magic. But Lily was a lot better with this whole makeup thing than I was.

We both walked down the steps and waited for Mason and Conrad to get their butts out of the kitchen. Leave it to the two of them to find food just minutes after getting in the house. Charlie didn't look up from the tv, granted there was a game on. Jared however basically fell over when he saw both of us.

"You look-" Conrad then lost the abilty to speak when he saw Lily. I do believe my brother actually liked a girl.

"Cally you ah-"

"Do you guys need some water?" I teased.

"Uh-"

"Yeah."

Lily and I both laughed as we pushed them into the kitchen and grabbed water. I threw a bag of chips at Charlie and Jared knowing they'd feel left out and grabbed a granola bar for myself.

"So what prompted your sudden uh- that?" Conrad asked motioning to me.

"I forgot you've never seen the dressier side of me. Well you did at prom but," I laughed," These are the only nights I am basically play dress up and not be judged."

"Hate to break this up, but if you guys don't leave now you'll be pretty late," Charlie pointed out.

Within the next few minutes we were all in Conrad's Range Rover and were on the way to the Christmas Ball. The guys were going on and on about what we were going to do the rest of the season.

Con pulled up to the restaurant and parked the car. We all practically ran inside. This was probably going to be our last Team Christmas Ball. But as soon as I went inside I wished I hadn't. Because standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by all of my teammates, was Coty Bruner.