James Potter

This imagine was requested by AprilChavez261 ! I hope you like it. 😊

James Potter x Reader
Pure-Blood
Gryffindor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"James Potter come back here with my broom!," I shout throughout the corridors after the infamous my best friend. "Come and get it (Y/L/N)!," James hollers back turning a corner. I continue to run and make my way around the corner but I run into someone. Mark, the very attractive Hufflepuff. "Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry Mark," I say. "No harm done love," he replies helping me up. "Hey, can I interest you in a butterbeer the next time we go to Hogsmeade?," he quizzes. "Hold that thought Mark," I say catching a glance of James, before I take off after him. "Alright, see you around," Mark shouts after me.

After what feels like forever I finally make to the quidditch pitch. "You're bloody stupid, you know that right Potter," I huff finally catching up to him. "I know, wait hey!," James says with a look of shock replacing his signature smirk. "You know you love me," James says poking my side as a I felt my cheeks get warm. "Alright team..." our captain starts as we begin practice.

~~~~~

A week goes by and Mark is still flirting with me and sending me cute letters in class. He's so dreamy. "You're drooling over him again," my other friend Lily says referring to the very attractive Hufflepuff who was across from me. Mark was laughing with his mates across the classroom. I instinctively react my hand to the side of my lips and feel nothing. "Am not," I shoot to Lily. "Okay, okay we need to get back to work if we want high marks," Lily states making surrender hands. "Alright," I say getting back to work.

"I honestly don't know what she sees in that git," I tell Sirius as I look at (Y/N) gawking over Mark. "Do I sense some jealousy in you Prongs?," Sirius questions. "No, absolutely not. I'm just looking out for her, she's my best friend after all," I say. "Riiigghtt," Remus says dragging out the word, while Sirius looks a bit offended.

~~~~

"So what do you say (Y/N), will you go out with me?," Mark asks me. "Sure, I would like that," I say smiling at Mark. "Great, see you Saturday," he says walking away. I walk to lunch thinking of what I can possibly wear on my date with Mark. Hmmm, maybe Lily will know.

"He asked you out?!, Lily shouts.

I try to tell her to be quiet before I hear; "Who asked you out?" I look over and see my best friend James with confused expression on his face. "Mark did," I say confidently.

"Oh that's great (Y/N) he seems like a great guy," James says through gritted teeth. "I know I'm so excited," I say. "Come on (Y/N), we have to find you an outfit," Lily says taking my hand and leading me out of the Great Hall. Little did I know as I passed James there was a saddened expression on his face.

~~~~

"Oh Mark thank you for walking to Potions," I say to my boyfriend placing a kiss on his cheek shortly after. "You're welcome love," Mark replies. "See you in Defense," he says, he walks away shortly after.

Mark turns a corner and is met with Sasha, the Hufflepuff Seeker and starts snogging her. James and the Marauders just so happened to be turning said corner when they come face to face with Mark snogging Sasha. James gasps and quickly walks by the couple, the Marauders hot on his heels. "We need to tell (Y/N)," Peter says upon entering the Potions classroom. "She'll never believe us," James says taking at his desk. "Unless...," James says turning to see his friend who was next to him. "What? No, I can't. It will crush her," the scar faced boy says. "Remus you have to," she will believe you more than she believes any of us.

~~~~

"No, no, no. Remus you're wrong. Mark is such a good guy and would never hurt me. James just put you up to this because he's jealous," (Y/N) says to Remus who was sitting next to her in the Gryffindor Common Room. "Fine, suit yourself and don't say I didn't warn you (Y/N). James is really looking out for you," Remus continues.

I was currently in the library with Mark, who was helping me study for my DADA exam which is tomorrow. "You're doing so well love, you are going to ace this quiz," Mark praises. "Thank you, can we go over some vocab one more time," I ask. "Of course."

~~~~

"Alright love, here we go, take a deep breath. I know you'll do great on this quiz," Mark says to me as we walk into Defense. "Thanks babe, I appreciate your support," I say kissing him on the cheek.

"Alright students you have until the end of class to take this quiz. No cheating. I'm looking at you Potter," our professor announces before handing out our quizzes. "You can leave once you finish or have a study hall," the professor continues. "You ready," I whisper to Lily, "Yep," she replies.

~~~~

"Honestly Lily I didn't think this quiz has that ba-," I say to my friend as we turn a corner only to seeing my boyfriend kissing another girl. Not just any girl the Hufflepuff Seeker, Sasha. "What is the meaning of this?!, Lily shouts walking up to Mark. I'm hot on her heals,"How could you?!," I shout tears threatening to spill. The couple breaks apart, and Marks eyes were wide as saucers. "Look (Y/N), I can explain," he starts. "Explain what? How you love this Puff instead of me!," I shout as my lip starts to quiver. "No-No, I love you but-," Mark starts. "Save it!," I say at this point of breaking down. "Come on (Y/N), there's no reason to waste your time with this jerk," Lily side hugs me and starts to walk away. I wipe the tears from my cheeks as we start heading to who knows where. Thankfully DADA was the last class of the day so we stayed in the common room until dinner.

~~~~

The Marauders waltz into the common room laughing at what probably was their newest prank. But when they heard some sniffles and some whispers they turn to the noise only to see (Y/N) leaning into Lily, while Lily was rubbing her forearm trying to reassure the poor girl. "Who did this to you?," James barks walking over to his best friend. Taking her out of Lily's grasp, allowing her to lean on him. "I-I..," (Y/N) starts only to be cut of by Lily who helps her friend by saying. "When we left Defense we turned a corner only to see Mark snogging Sasha." "I'm gonna kill him," James starts. "No! It's not worth your time," (Y/N) states. "Okay hun, I won't," James says as he wipes away some stray tears from her face.

Sirius catches on and elbows Peter to leave and head to their dorms, Remus quickly catching on. "I'm going to head down to dinner, I'll bring some food back for you (Y/N)," Lily says taking her leave. Leaving the best friends alone in each others embrace. "(Y/N) I know this might not be the time. But I'm afraid if I don't say anything, I will lose you," James starts. (Y/N) lifts her head, and looks at James. His eyes full on sincerity and love. "I love you (Y/N), I have loved ever since I met you," James says with a smile. (Y/N) taken aback from what James told her gasped in shock. "I know this is not the time but-." (Y/N) cuts James off with a kiss, a smile grazing the girl's lips. "I take it you feel the same way," James says as they break away. "Of course, I love you, stupid," (Y/N). The couple then cuddles, while (Y/N) waits for Lily to bring back her food. Little did they know the Marauders heard the whole conversation and were exchanging money on who lost the bet on if James loved (Y/N) or not.

A/N: What did you think AprilChavez261 ? I appreciate your patience and support.