Regulus Black

This imagine was requested by cosmic_browniez ! I appreciate your patience and I hope you like it.

Regulus Black x Reader
Hufflepuff
Muggleborn
—————————————

    My eyes adjust to the light as I was climbing the stairs from the dungeon where my Potions class was. (Y/F/N) sighs we haven't talked since the beginning of class, I couldn't believe the difficulty of this class. I was never really good at potions but when you through new and difficult pronunciotions of ingredients to the mix, it gets 10x worse. I didn't want to bother anyone with my troubles but I was doing that for too long and now I'm in trouble. My professor was too intimidating and everyone else seemed to know what they were doing and I just didn't. (Y/F/N) knew exactly what I was thinking and she too was worried about my well being. Seeing as she was on the Slytherin quidditch team, I knew she didn't have time to help me without her even having to tell me. She on the other hand was doing well in this class, I had no idea how, some people are just good at things not even having to try. That's just how life worked.

    We both didn't have another class after this and ended up deciding on going to lunch. Maybe I might see my boyfriend, he makes everything better and always knows exactly what to say and how to comfort me. He was good like that, caring and had a love for little things in life. He kept me grounded when I would be in the clouds of worry. Despite everything he was going through, you wouldn't of been able to tell, because that's just how strong he was.

    After saying my farewell to (Y/F/N) I went over the the Hufflepuff table and sat down on the bench that would have me face the Slytherin table. Organizing my belongings I greeted some of my acquaintances and started loading my plate with food. Looking up from my plate my eyes sorted and scanned the Slytherins, and then I spotted my boyfriend, I took a bit of food in satisfation. After finishing the last of my pumpkin juice I got up to say 'hey', but that's when the mail came, owls flying in all directions dropping letters on the tables for students to read. I heard the sound parchment hitting the air, and I look up to see a letter about to land on my plate. I hold out my hand just in time to before the parchment could get soiled from the food on my plate. I smile, completely forgetting about my worries of Potions. My thumb was under the seal of the envelope when I hear a ferocious scream. I look to see where the sound was coming from and find that it was coming from the Slytherin table. There was a howler and it was right in front of my boyfriend, Regulus Black.

    I watch, waiting for what the howler had to say. "Regulus Black! How dare you date a Mudblood!" My heart sinks into the pit of my stomach knowing exactly who she was talking about. That word hurt probably more than the killing curse itself. Our relationship was low key with no PDA whatsoever but there was probably someone who want to ruin us.

    "I am absolutely furious with you! You our tarnishing your family name just like Sirius! I can't believe you! Your father and I are absolutely infuriated with you!," then just like that the howler ripped itself to shreds. Regulus had an unreadable expression on his face, and continued talking with his friends. I knew deep down he was unbelievably embarrassed and heartbroken.

    Finishing up my food, I look and see no sign of Reg. I just decided to get up and head to the library, at least try to get some other work done. Walking the corridors, I was far from the Great Hall when I heard stone on stone grinding against eachother. I look to my left and see a door that was revealed to me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at my new discorvery. Then a door opens a crack, with great curiosity I step through and the door closed behind me echoing throughout the room. There was nothing but candlelight and the light from a dancing fire on the other side of the room, further away from me. Shuffling further into the room I heard sniffling and crying coming from a couch facing the fire.

    Walking over I turn to face the couch and see a figure curled up into a ball. The light from the fire dances to the persons head and I knew exactly who it was.

    "Reg," I simply say to the ball.

    He looks out at me from his fetal position. I see his tear stained cheeks that still had tears on them that he was now trying the wipe away with his knuckles. I hold out my hands to help him sit up in the couch which he reluctantly takes. His hands were wet because of his tears which broke my heart even more. He didn't deserve the pain and embarrassment, he already knows he's not perfect, no one is, he doesn't need additional words to weigh him down.

    "Reg look at me," I say softly, still holding his hands. He looks up, lips pursed together trying to prevent a sob from escaping. "Oh Reg," I say before I feel a tear roll down my cheek. The sight of him in the state he was in killed me. I love him so much and would take all the hurt and pain if it meant that he could be happy. He slides over on the couch so I can sit down, once I'm seated he lays his head on my lap. My hands immediately go through his soft raven colored hair, he sighs and I smile. "You don't have to say anything, I just want to be with you. Or you can talk about, if you want, I'm all ears," I say simply.

    "They want me to be perfect," Regulus says with a sniffle and a choked out sob.

    "They want me to be perfect, because Sirius never was."

    I just listen and nod my head. He summarizes what happened in the Great Hall and I don't bother telling him that I was there because that would of hurt him even more. Knowing that I heard what his mother called me would put even more stress on him, he also told me about all the pain and hurt he was dealing with at home.

    "Regulus," I start, looking down at my boyfriend who was already looking up at me.

    "You are one of the strongest people I know. If I could take all your pain and hurt, if it meant that you would be happy I would. I'm so proud of you Reg. You don't have to go through this alone, I'm here for you and I love you, so much. It pains me to see you in this state. I will help you. Tell me what I can do and I will do it," I say with pleading eyes. Regulus searches my eyes for something, I don't know what, and he smiles.

    "You are one of the most selfless people I know. I love you so so much," Regulus says. I lean back because I notice that he was starting to sit up. Once he sat up and was sitting next to me, he started leaning in. I search his beautiful midnight sky eyes as he moves closer. My eyes close and I stay where I am. Then I feel his smooth salty lips, and the warmth it brought with it. The kiss was simple, I kissed him back all the while letting him do all the work expressing how he felt. Once we broke away, he puts a stray piece of hair behind my ear and says two simple words that meant so much. Thank you.

—————————————
A/N: I hope you enjoyed this imagine as much as I enjoyed writing it. Requests are still open for those who are interested. Your reads and votes mean so much to me. Thank you!
-maddie