Regulus Black

Regulus Black x Reader
Pureblood
Hufflepuff
++++++++++++++++

The Yule Ball was coming up there were three weeks before the big event. Twirling my (Y/H/C) in Charms I couldn't help but wonder what color dress I would wear, better yet who would ask me. I felt a nudge from my deskmate which happened to be my best friend ever since second year Regulus Black. Landing back from my head in the clouds I look around and see my professor in the aisle with his arms crossed looking at me with a great sense of disproval.

"Can you tell us the answer to this question Miss (Y/L/N)?," he asks now pointing at the inscribed blackboard.

I open my mouth and nothing comes out, I cower back deeper into my seat quickly closing my mouth trying to think of something. "She was about to say this charm has to be cast when the user motions their wand diagonally," Regulus intercepts.

"Well done Mr Black, 10 points to Slytherin," the professor declares, nodding his head with approval he turns around and walks back to the board, probably to write the answer.

"Thank you," I mouth relieved.

"No problem (Y/N/N), sorry about the points," Regulus expressed. His deep dark eyes soften as his face relaxed something no one really sees from him because his strict-like persona. He smiled at me before facing forward to engage in further class discussion. I just looked at him, his jaw clenched defining his sharp jawline; his eyes squinted hanging onto every word coming out of the professors mouth, his raven colored hair covering his ears allowing me to take in ever detail from his face. I feel heat rising from my neck to my cheeks, looking away I try to focus as my professor last part of his lecture. To no avail, I find my mind wandering to the Yule Ball and my best friend.

"Earth to (Y/N/N), earth to (Y/N/N)."

I jolt back in my seat as Regulus waves his hand in front of my face. "'You alright?," he asked once we were walking the corridors after leaving class.

"You seem like you're up in space, I'll have to conjure up an accio charm to keep bringing ya back."

"I wouldn't be opposed to that," I mutter to myself.

"'Was that?," Reg asks.

"Oh nothing," I sputter picking up my pace.

"So what is the cause of you mindlessly sitting in class?," Reg presses.

"Just the ball," I respond quickly after thinking for a time on how to respond. It was partly true but there was a chunk of information that was far from being included. "You nervous?," Reg pestered.

"Wha—no?," I fib. Reg looks at me raising his brows, something he did when he knew I wasn't telling the truth. "Fine, I'm just nervous I won't find a date."

"Why would you be worried about that? You're beautiful, kind and funny, who wouldn't want to go to the Yule Ball with you," Reg gushed. I look at him raising one of my brows with a smirk.

"Wha—it's true," Reg says waving both his hands in the air.

"Someone will ask you, just give it time," Reg says before patting my forearm before leaving to catch up with a couple of his mates he spotted not far from us. I sighed as a cold feeling surrounded me, it was if all the light from the room left when Reg wasn't around. He always had the right thing to say, it was one of things that I genuinely loved about him. I just hope that no one would ask me so I wouldn't have to admit that I was waiting for someone else to ask me.

Walking into the Hufflepuff common room I see a group of girls giggling and mingling about the ball, passing by they glance at me before going back to giggling and conversing. With a huff I fall onto my bed and sigh. It's not much of an inner demon but it was internal guilt that I was feeling, I'm hiding a huge piece of information from my friend, and acting like everything's alright. It would be my fault if he believes I don't like him and moves on romantically with his life. How do I even know if he feels the same way? I sigh once again. I need to tell him, I'm only hurting myself more by holding back. He's my everything and I deal with the embarassment if he didn't feel the same.