Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin x Reader
Pureblood
Gryffindor
————————————

    The full moonlight reflected off of the calm Black Lake beautifully. I was currently flying around in search of my boyfriend Remus so I can warn the Marauders whether or not he phased. It was the common plan we had to be extra precautious that the boys wouldn't get caught during this time of the month. The boys were never really careful so I introduced this new idea even though they had the invisibility cloak, anything could happen, especially if Filtch was involved. My wings were a bit sore seeing as it has been a while since I lasted shifted. However, the tiniest memory of Remus motivated me even more to persevere and keep searching for him.

       I did a dive past the tree line hoping to get a better idea of where he could've possibly of been. I heard a howl slightly ahead of me which was where the shrieking shack was. Thank goodness he didn't leave. I turned around to fly back to castle so I can warn the boys.

     Luckily the corridors were completely empty so I had free rein of where I could fly. Flying around Hogwarts was never really ideal but I needed to hurry. I shifted right before I could reach the Fat Lady, I adjusted my robes and whispered the password and she let me in.

    Of course I found the boys like this, they were passed out on the common room couch, Sirius didn't seem to make to the couch in time seeing as he was asleep on the floor, the side of his face resting on the wood floor while his butt was in the air. I winced at the possibility of how uncomfortable that position might've been. James was laying like a limp noodle on the couch and he still had his glasses on but they were resting on his forehead. Peter was in an arm chair mouth wide open as he snored. I chuckled to myself at the peaceful sight before it was ruined. "Boys," I shouted just loud enough that they would only be able to hear me.

Sirius was the first to wake he was on his knees as his eyes scanned the room of what could've disturbed his sleep. His eyes shortly landed on me with my hands resting on my hips. He immediately got up and hit James' leg that was hanging off the couch. "Wake up Prongsy!," he shouted in James' face startling the poor boy.

"Bloody hell Pads what is it?," James said annoyed rubbing his eyes. He then follows Sirius' gaze and says 'oh.'

The boys were scurrying, prancing and pacing below me as I flew ahead of them. The wind was more aggressive and the clouds started covering the moon sending an eery tone throughout the woods. Wormtail was now sitting on Prongs antler as Padfoot was ahead of the group. A howl pierced through the wind and I only flew faster to my boyfriend in need.

Moony was tearing himself apart when we finally arrived to the shrieking shack. Prongs started rearing up while Padfoot snarled while I swiftly approached Moony unnoticed. Landing right on his head my talons dug into his fur resulting with him shuffling his footing. He then shakes his head which would have sent me flying but I stood my ground. Prongs was distracting Moony by threatening him with his antlers and Padfoot started pacing around Moony hoping to get him to move from the corner of room. We fled and ran out of the shrieking shack and without hesitation Prongs and Padfoot follow. Wormtail was able to position himself next to me as we both embraced for Moony movements.

     Moony was snarling in agitation and out of nowhere he clawed his back successfully removing Wormtail at the cost of a lengthy scratch on his back. I chirped in sympathy hoping Moony would notice that he still in fact wasn't alone. That was a mistake, Moony ran at full force to a tree, but dodged it last minute only allowing his back to hit it, this time sending me flying from his back. I kept following Moony and then suddenly he stopped right when his paws were about to touch where the water of the Black Lake and land met. I positioned myself on a nearby log and observed what he was about to do next. Moony simply looked down into the water and released a sad howl and I chirped yet again in sympathy.

I felt the sun shine onto my eyelids. Trying to move away from the light I found myself stuck by not something but rather someone. I opened my eyes to see my loving boyfriend asleep with his arm wrapped around me. I tried moving his arm but I wasn't successful his grip only tighten a bit. Part of his brown hair lied over his forehand covering a portion of his scar from a hard night from the past. He looked so peaceful and content, he didn't deserve such a life changing challenge, he had one of the kindest hearts I knew and always stood by to defend his friends. My face started feel warm upon noticing he didn't have a shirt as I settled into his embrace. Luckily it was the weekend so he could sleep for as long as he wanted.

"What are you doing up, love?" Startled out of my thoughts my eyes were met with his chocolate brown ones. "Just thinking," I replied. "You're always thinking," Remus retaliated before kissing my cheek. "How are you feeling?," I smile.

"In pain," Remus responds. "But you make the pain feel less than it is," he continued. "Awww my poor wolf," I reply as I ran my hand through his disheveled hair. Remus sighs contently as he closes his eyes again. I move his hair from his forehead and kiss his scar.

"I don't deserve you (Y/N)," he says. "Remus don't start this rubbish, you and I both know that what you said is not true," I say shutting Remus up.

"Let me change your bandages and reapply some ointment," I respond trying to get out his grip. Remus sighs annoyed before letting me go. "Do want to feel worse Rem?," I question. Remus silence answers my question as he moves allowing me to replace his bandages and reapply ointment. "And I know, take it easy," Remus says as he turned around knowing what I was going to say. "You know me too well," I say before leaning in to kiss my werewolf boyfriend.