James Potter

This imagine was requested by @JulzLovDraco4Eva.

James Potter x Reader
Gryffindor
Half-blood
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Year:
"Hey James! I have an idea on how we can prank Filtch."
"What is it love?"
My face starts to feel warm to the touch and by the smirk on James' face I assume my face is an embarrassingly light pink shade. I clear my throat. "You see, since he makes his night rounds by the prefect bathrooms, maybe we can set up a slip zone so he can fall." "But-" I say pointing my finger in the boy's face. "Noone would suspect the Marauders because the prank is outside the prefect's bathroom so the blame would be placed on them," I finish with a smile.

"That's a smart idea (Y/N)," Remus said. "Yeah," Peter agrees, nodding his head. Sirius and James look at eachother and exchange a glance I couldn't comprehend. Feeling left out I give a sad smile to Peter and Remus before walking away. "Wait (Y/N)-" I hear James say, but I continue walking.

Truth be told James had little faith in (Y/N) with her idea for the prank on Filtch. She obviously didn't know but based on the encounter she was very hurt. Her once hopeful smile turned to a sad smile once again.

Thinking of how silly it was one night, James couldn't help ponder if the girl was right. Sirius had talked some sense into James to emphasize how great of an idea it was and eventually the Marauders decided to act upon it. Sirius was always super protective over (Y/N). He felt that he had to defend and protect someone he was so close with since he was never able to salvage his relationship with Regulus.

Seeing as (Y/N) was the only girl in the Marauders group she tended to draw unwanted attention to her and the group. (Y/N) was the only girl in the group and as a result she would catch quite the attention of boys from any year and any house. With them always saying things to try to get in her bed. She was not oblivious and knew how to respond to the boys and that is with a good right hook punch that she was taught by Sirius.

Sixth Year:
"Is it me or did (Y/N) get even more beautiful over the summer?," James says, placing his chin on his knuckles watching (Y/N) while she talked to Lily Evans two seats down from them in the Great Hall. "Better get your eyes checked Prongs, she looks the same to me," Peter says, resulting with him smacked behind the head by Sirius. James glared at Peter before his expression softened as he refocused his attention on his friend. "She looks like she's well rested and naturally pretty," Remus says, trying to play it safe with his response. James smiles and agrees with Remus.

~~~

"I noticed that you got the new Ivan Luzinski book on pranks," James said to (Y/N) as they walked the halls after dinner. "Yeah, I did," (Y/N) said with a beaming smile. James couldn't help but fall in love with her even more. "What do you think of it so far?"

"I find it absolutely intriguing. There's this one prank that–"

(Y/N) just went on and on about this one prank that she absolutely loved and James just smiled and nodded as she looked longingly into her eyes. (Y/N) was so busy rambling that she didn't even notice James staring at her.

She finally finished what she was saying breathless but enthused. "What," she asks.
"You're just so beautiful when you talk about things that you love," James says confidently. (Y/N) blushes yet again and mumbles a thank you before looking away to avoid eye contact with James.

Seventh Year:
There was never really a bold statement or any extravagance about James and (Y/N)'s relationship. The Marauders knew the two were very fond of each other and just helped bring their feelings to the surface yet staying out of the way of the growing love between the two.

It was now James and (Y/N)'s one year anniversary and the Marauders wanted to make it the best one yet, at the cost of stripping the couple of any possibility of them having some alone time. Interrupting to ask about what pranks to pull or what they wanted to do for the occasion in order to help the couple. James and (Y/N) loved the idea of the prank but just wanted the gift of the two of them having some time alone. However, James was able to plan a picnic for the two of them, avoiding the suspicion of the Marauders in the process.

~~~

"Close your eyes babe," James says to (Y/N) before he delicately places his hands over her eyes as she closes them. "Where are we going?," she asks as James leads her. "You'll see love, you'll see," James says slowly but humorously. (Y/N) laughs, causing James to smile as he saw her smile that he loved all too well.

"Are we there yet?" (Y/N) whines. "Alllmooosttt," James says.

~~~

"Alright babe open your eyes," James says as he removes his hands from (Y/N)'s eyes. (Y/N)'s (Y/E/C) eyes flutter open before she releases a small gasp. James comes behind her as she looks at the layout. "Surprise," James whispers into her ear before kissing the side of her head. (Y/N) twirls around and jumps into James' arms wrapping her arms around his neck. James catches her and chuckles.

"What do you think?," he asks.

"I love it," she says before kissing James on the lips. James deepens the kiss and gently backs (Y/N) against the wall.

James found an abandoned corridor that he ended up setting up a picnic for them in. There was a display of candles and a few photos of the couple over the years. James also had a setting of all of (Y/N)'s favorite hand held food.

The date was perfect up until the point Sirius, Peter and Remus came running around the corner and toward the couple.

"What is it?," James hissed. "It's Minnie! She's coming. And Snivellus is with her," Sirius says out of breath once approaching the couple. "What did you wankers do?," James whisper yells. (Y/N) gently places her hand on her boyfriend's forearm attempting to calm him down. Footsteps can be heard before the boys can answer James' question. "Well gotta bounce," they say before leaving the couple.

"What did you two buffoons do this time?" McGonagall scolds the couple with Severus Snape standing next to her. The couple looks at each other confused.

"Apologize Professor but James and I have no idea what you're talking about," (Y/N) says apologetically.

"Don't play dumb with me (Y/L/N)," Snape retaliates earning a 'shh' from McGonagall. "I don't know what games you two are playing but I am very disappointed in you two. Go to detention for the night."

"But–," James says. McGonagall sends a 'stop while you're ahead' glance. James and (Y/N) sigh as they head to detention.

"It's not far. Today is supposed to be our anniversary and we get in trouble for literally doing nothing wrong," (Y/N) frowns. James squeezes her hand lightly in sympathy. "I know love, I'm sorry this happened," James says sadly.

"James, you did nothing wrong, you don't have to apologize. For what it's worth I enjoyed the picnic for what it was," (Y/N) says as she pecks James on the cheek.

~~~

James' heart shattered as he saw how sad (Y/N) was. She was looking out the window which was now presenting the dark night sky. Just as (Y/N) sighed; Sirius, Peter and Remus burst through the classroom door. "Excuse me professor–," Sirius says once again out of breath which grabs the professor's attention. "What are you guys doing here?," (Y/N) whisper yells to Remus as the boys walk by. Sirius shoots (Y/N) a wink as she continues watching what they were doing. "Professor it was us who pulled the prank on Snivel– I mean Severus," Sirius said once in front of the professor's desk. "It's true," Peter pipes up. The professor looks at each of the boys and Remus nods. Staring at the group as she wasn't convinced took some time before letting James and (Y/N) "off the hook". The boys move to the desk accepting their punishment, as the couple moves to leave. (Y/N) mouths Sirius a thank you in which he sends her a wink before (Y/N) turns to leave.

"Thanks Pads," James whispers before giving Sirius a pat on his shoulder blade. Sirius smiles to himself as he simply wanted what was best for (Y/N) while knowing she didn't deserve to take such blame for their barmy actions.

~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I honestly have been exhausted over the past few days delaying my writing. Requests might be late from here on out but they will end up being posted regardless.

-maddie