Remus Lupin

This imagine was requested by Caramelmacchiato888 ! Thank you for your patience. Enjoy!

Remus Lupin x Reader
Pure-Blood
Gryffindor

Warning: I briefly mention blood and severe injuries. So if you're squeamish about the following I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.
*************************************************

This night was not like any night for Remus. At the crack of dawn a young red fox approaches Remus' sleeping figure. The fox starts to nudge his hand with it's snout. The wet nose and disturbance caused Remus to wake up. He rolls onto his back with groan, which causes the fox to tilt its head. Remus had scratches all over him from the events of last night. It wasn't until Remus looked around him that he notice the cute fox. "Hey little guy," Remus says. "Or girl," he addresses. The fox blinks but then looks at the figure in front of it. The fox releases a high pitched whimper, and walks closer to Remus. "I won't hurt you, I promise," Remus says. And with that the fox starts to lick Remus' wounds. After sometime, the Marauders found Remus and approached him. "Thank you," Remus whispered to the fox. At the approach of the Marauders, the fox scampered away.

I'm so glad my mates found me when they did, apparently I didn't realize how I looked until they gasped when they found me. Madam Pomfrey went straight to work and had me patched up before any other student made their way into Hospital Wing. "Moony you're sure your alright?," Wormtail asked for what was the fifteenth time. "Yes I'm fine, just a little sore is all." "We'll bring you some breakfast, in the meantime rest," Prongs said. "Okay mother," I say. Which causes James to have an offensive look on his face. After Sirius reassured him they we out of the wing and heading to breakfast. I sigh as I look up at the ceiling, my hands folded together over my stomach.

I was worried about Remus ever since I found him this morning; so I decided to go the hospital wing. As I was walking I passed by the Marauders, hearing about how Remus was doing which only made me stride faster to the Hospital Wing. Did I like Remus? Yes, yes I did. His chocolate brown eyes and kind smile. He's just so charming and smart. I finally arrive to the hospital wing, but I don't walk in, I stand at the door frame and scan the beds for Remus. My eyes finally land on his sleeping figure, he looked a little better since I seen him last, his flesh that was shredded was now covered up with bandages. And his arms and legs weren't caked in blood anymore. I smile to myself with the fact that he was going to be okay.

********

It's been a week since I visited Remus in the hospital wing. He was back on his own two feet and he was currently sitting next to me in potions. "So are you feeling better Remus?," I ask. "What do you mean?," he says in a sharp tone. I jump in response before continuing, "I-I h-heard that you had a-an injury of some sort. McGonagall had to reassign your prefect round with me, I was stuck with Henry O'Neil. He practically chatted my ear off," I chuckle. There was a change in Remus' facial expression, then he laughs with me. "He does know how to annoy someone," Remus says before scratching the back of his neck. "You alright?," I ask tilting my head. "Yeah," Remus replies. "(Y/L/N), Lupin get back to work," Slughorn shouts. We both blush and continue with our assignment.

Where did I see that head tilt before? Potions was over and I was walking with my mates before I stop in my tracks. "No way," I whisper to myself. Everything suddenly clicked and I remembered that fox that had approached me only a week ago. That fox was (Y/N). She was an animagi. "What is it Moony?," Sirius asks realizing I had stopped. "Oh it's nothing," I say quickly. "Something isn't nothing because it's obviously bothering you," James says. "Your eyebrows are furrowed. "Fine you caught me," I said. I come closer to the group before whispering that (Y/N) was an animagus and that she was the fox that was with me a week ago. They were all shocked and started spewing questions at me. Before anything carried on I told them I planned on talking to her.

********

It was late in the evening when I was was reading this book my friend Lily recommended. It was called To Kill a Mockingbird, I was getting a good part of the chapter when I heard the common room door open. The Marauders piled in with Remus trailing behind. I send him a smile as he approaches me, he smiles back before the rest of the Marauders headed to their dorms. "How was your day?," he asks in attempts to make small talk. "It was good, thanks for asking. I don't mean to be rude but why exactly are you talking with me," I ask. I was never into small talk, I always wanted people to get to the point. "Well, if I'm thinking correctly. You're an animagi," he says. I gasp taken aback but regain my composure. Remus took note that he struck a nerve and pursues (Y/N). "Do you have any proof?," I say nonchalantly. "Well, some how I trust you with this information. It's not easy for me to say. But (Y/N), I'm a werewolf," Remus confesses looking down at his hands on his lap. "Remus," I start, as I place my hand on his. He looks up at me. "I know," I say simply. "You what?," Remus says before his jaw dropped. "I am the fox," I say looking into his eyes. "But how? Why?," Remus asks. "I know how," Remus corrects. "Well Dumbledore approached me 3rd year, that their was a confidential task for the following year that he needed me to help him with and it required me to become an animagi," I say. "So you were an animagi for a year, and haven't told anyone," Remus confirms which sounded like a question. He had this expression on his face that was adorable. He hand his knuckle rested on his chin while his thumb was running over his lips. He's brows furrowed probably trying to make sense of what I told him."Yes, that is correct." "But what made you wondering the forbidden forest at night?," Remus asked. "Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping because of stress so I wander the grounds in my fox form, which actually helps," I say. This was a little embarrassing but I feel as if I can trust Remus and he looked like he understood. He was nodding his head as I talked. He took my hand and squeezed it in reassurance, "this can be our secret," he says with his smile.

********

Throughout the year Remus and I have gotten really close because our conversation which felt like years ago. Remus is so reliable, sweet and hardworking, he could tell when something is off, even when I haven't told him anything. But earlier this week he was acting weird and whenever I tried to approach him he would walk away. I thought it was a werewolf thing and didn't think much of it and just gave him some space.

I took a seat at my usual spot in the library, opened my textbook and started to work on my herbology essay. "Hey there love," a voice says it sounded more like a hiss. I look up from my parchment and see none other than Lucius Malfoy. "What do you want Malfoy?," I spat. He started to strut over to me, "just to talk," he says. He places a hand on my forearm, in which I quickly pull away. He was too close for comfort so I got up from my seat. Big mistake. He had me cornered and put his hands on both sides of my head so I couldn't escape. He started to lean in. "No!," I squeal; I try to push away but it was no use. "Hey!, when a lady tells you no, you should listen," a mystery voice shouts, causing Lucius to jump away. I can finally see my knight in shining armor. It was Remus. "Leave her alone! Or you'll have another thing coming," Remus says with a faint growl. Lucius takes his leave without a second thought leaving me alone with Remus. That's when I lost it and cried as I ran to him and hugged him. "Shhh, he won't hurt you anymore I promise love," Remus says as he runs his hand throug my hair. I sniffle,"You called me love, you always call me by my real name?" Remus' faces flushes. "Seeing you in such great distress worried the heck out of me. I care about you, (Y/N)," Remus says. "I care about you too, a lot actually." Remus smiles before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Thank you Remus." "It was no problem, love."

A/N: What did you guys think? Also Henry O'Neil was a character I made up. 😊