Remus Lupin Part 2

This is a continuation of the imagine requested by @cooler4759 . I hope you enjoy it. :)

Remus Lupin x Reader
Pureblood
Gryffindor
~~~~~~~~

"Bring him here boys," an older voice says followed by a bit of shuffling. I stayed where I was and kept my eyes closed. With a new spark of curiosity I eavesdropped on the conversation that was being had around me. The shuffling stopped and was replaced with a couple of grunts. "How bad is it this time Potter?," the older voice asks but it sounded distant.

"Madame—it's not as bad as last time—but there's a few minor injuries by his collar bone and chest," James answers sounding out of breath. "Alright, let's not wait any longer," Madame Pomfrey expresses. I hear cloth being torn, then a gasp. "Remus, I need you to lay back down, you are in the Medical Wing. Just relax please. Boys help me out."

I hear shuffling again and then Remus cry out in agony. "Boys you should leave, thank you for your help." There was footsteps coming closer to my spot on the cot. "Oy Peter, it's (Y/N)," Sirius said sounding like he was at the foot of the cot.

"Mates she's sleeping let's not bother her," James exclaims.

"We should wait for her to wake up," Peter says.

"No you shouldn't, the Great Hall is just opening so go, head to breakfast," Madame Pomfrey says with her voice coming closer. I only assume by the sounds of protest and feet shuffling, she has successful with ushering the boys out of the wing. A sigh escapes my lips before I find myself dozing off again.

***

"Pst, pst, (Y/N)," I hear a familiar voice whispers. I groan and turn my head to the sound of the voice; when I open my eyes I'm met with an all familiar face. My best friend, Lily.

"How are you doing?," she whispers.

"Could be better," I groan. "I'm so sore and my head feels like a pound of bricks have dropped on it."

"Aww that's a pity. I just came over to not only check up on you, but to bring your assignments from your morning classes to you," Lily says placing a stack of parchment on my bed side table.

"Thank you Lils," I say trying to force a smile on my face.

"It's not a problem. Oh—I overheard Madame Pomfrey speaking with Dumbledore and she said you should be out of here by tomorrow afternoon. And as far as I could tell your side looks a lot better," Lily reassures with her signature smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah, she'll probably give you some antibiotics to help ease the pain," she says.

"Oh my gosh. That's amazing. I'm getting sick of laying on this stiff cot," I say.

"Come here." Lily leans over and I hug her. She carefully wraps her arms around my waist.

"Oh and Remus looks to be doing alright," Lily says.

"Oh my gosh Remus " I sputter sitting up, immediately regretting my decision as I feel pain spread throughout my side.

"Woah there girly. Lay down," Lily says helping lay down.

"He's fine. He'll just be staying in the wing a day longer than you."

"Does he look alright?," I ask.

"Yes, Pomfrey just wants him to rest, wants the antibiotics to settle—whatever that means," Lily says twirling a piece of her hair.

"Miss Evans please get to your next class and let Miss (Y/L/N) rest," Madam Pomfrey scolds coming from behind a curtain by a different cot in the Wing.

After saying our goodbyes I was alone again. I look over to my left and a couple cots over I see my boyfriend, Remus. Part of brown hair was settled on his forehead, his lips slightly ajar, as his chest rose and fell in a calm manner.

***

Finally being released from the Medical Wing with a word of warning, I got back into my usual routine. Ate my meals, went to class, studied. But there was one thing that was different about my routine, every once in a while throughout the day I found myself wandering over to the Medical Wing. Checking up on my boyfriend became the newest phenomenon and one that Madame Pomfrey got used to. She would also reassure me that Remus would be okay but that didn't help put my anxiety to rest.

Soon enough the afternoon rolled around of the following day and Remus was out of the Wing. Madame Pomfrey using the same words she told me, talked to Remus on taking it easy. Walking to our next class I noticed that Remus was a little more quiet than usual. Despite talking to him about what he missed yesterday, he would just nod or give short verbal response like 'mhm'. I lightly squeezed his hand which responded with a smile that formed on his lips.

The silence continued over to dinner, even with the Marauders trying to get him to laugh or respond to something barmy they said.

Making different concerned expressions at eachother or whispering amongst our selves, we didn't really know why Remus was so silent. Of course Sirius made it obvious that it was a typical Remus thing to do—but for great lengths...that was truly concerning to us.

It wasn't until halfway through dinner when Remus finally spoke up; "I'm not hungry." With those words he got up in one swift motion from his spot next to me and left the Great Hall. Watching him leave those big doors made my heart sink to the pit of my stomach. Not knowing what was going on with the person I loved—was killing me. An "ahem" brought my attention back from the group. "Go to him (Y/N/N)—see what's going on with our best mate," Sirius exclaimed. Getting up from the empty bench I walked out of the Great Hall, up the steep stone stair, and to the Gryfinndor Common Room.

Once saying the password, the Fat Lady Open the door for me. With the squeal of the door hinges I walked in the welcoming environment. It was dark, but not too dark. With the fire from the the fireplace illuminating the room, I was still able to make out the familiar furniture and shelves in the room. Upon scanning the space my eyes settled upon a figure, who's back was facing me. But I knew. It was Remus.

Settling into the spot next to him he looked at me. "What are you doing here?," he asks. "I wanted to check on you," I reply. "What for. I'm perfectly fine aren't I," he says. "I know Rem. But I think that there's something else bothering you," I state standing my ground. The fire crackles and the wood settles before Remus finally responds.

"I nearly killed you," he says no quieter than a whisper. I rest my head on his shoulder which causes him to flinch but settle. "It's not your fault, you can't blame yourself for the things you can't control."

"But that's the thing. I don't have control and that can lead to something awful."

"Baby-"

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew I was the one that hurt my love," Remus says cutting me off.

"You can't put that pressure on yourself. This was a learning experience and I will be careful and stay with the group next time," I reply.

"Alright—wait what do you mean?," Remus quizzes.

"I was the one who put myself in this situation—not you, I wanted to check on you because you howled and I got worried."

"Honey—I love you so much, more than you will ever know," Remus says hugging me. "I love you too my Remus," I reply. We both pull away immediately and wince; "Sorry—your side." "Collar bone," I say with a chuckle in which Remus chuckles back.

Eventually we were settled in each others embrace, focusing on nothing but each others company and warmth we brought to each other. With soft snores in my ear as Remus had his arms securely wrapped around my waste, I felt content.

~~~~~~~~
A/N:  I had a few ideas for a Sirius Imagine and Peter Imagine, which I  hope to publish soon. This should be interesting since I'm working on 'A Trip to Avonlea' as well. But we'll see where this goes.