James Potter

This imagine was requested by @weasley_black-lupin . I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

James Potter x Reader
Pureblood
Gryffindor

***

James Potter and I have been married for a year now and it hasn't been easy. We didn't get a honeymoon because the First Wizarding War starting. The only why we got married so soon was because of James insisting—in his words—"he would never forgive himself if he couldn't put a ring on my finger." The war for the most part was over and James and I could finally settle down. We lived in a nice house in the suburbs, we were both part of the Order and would usually take on Auror roles when necessary. We were happy—for the most part but there was one thing missing.

Ever since I was little girl I wanted to grow up and become a mother, James knew this but he would always brush it off. I'm not even sure if he cared—sure he grew up in a loving home but I'm sure that he had dreams of his own. I didn't want to bother him with this. But it really hit home one day. James and I were walking in the park hand in hand when we passed a married couple at the playground. "Push me higher daddy," there son said laughing. The mother was laughing while her husband was pushing her son higher on the swings. I smiled to myself, squeezing James' hand he looked at me and I nodded in the direction of the family. Once James noticed what I was talking about he smiled, and we continued walking.

***

James and I were cuddling on the couch watching television his hands protectively wrapped around my waste while his head was resting on my shoulder. I rolled over facing him and placed my hand on his cheek. "James we need to talk," I begin. "Did I do something wrong? Whatever it is, love, I'm sure we can work it out. "No you did nothing wrong. It's just—there has been something on my mind for the longest time and now is the time that I should bring it up." "What is it love?," James asks with a concerned look on his face. "I want a kid James," I say after taking a deep breath. I look at his face for any sign of disgust or interest and found nothing. "You know what I know it pretty silly so I'm just going to go to bed," I state getting up to walk away. However, James gets up and grabs my hand pulling me close. Before I can say anything he finally talks, "Love I honestly didn't think you were ready after you stopped talking about it. I didn't know it bothered you this much. And for what it's worth there wouldn't be anyone else in this world that I would rather have a kid with than you," James says lovingly. "Really?," I ask. "Really," James says nodding his head. As I look into his beautiful blue eyes, I jump and he instantly catches me. I wrap my legs around his waste and he holds me. Then he leans in and I do the same; the next thing I know his lips were on mine and we were snogging. He presses me against the wall and that's when I knew that we were on the same page.

A/N: I know it's short but I really enjoyed writing this. I thought it was a super cute request.