40. THE ANNOUNCEMENT

The next two days passed with usual routine and last minute arrangements for Cabir's engagement.

"Nandu...Come fast...We have to leave...Already late...Cabir will kill me..." Manik shouted after fixing his hair for the evening.

"Uffo..." She huffed and he turned back to see her struggling with the zip of her gown while his eyes widened seeing her beauty. He smiled seeing her frowned face and went to her and she looked at him with a pity face.

He giggled and turned her around and adjusted the dress and zipped it perfectly while moving his cold fingers on her back making her have jitters on her body and stomach as well. He then back hugged her and took a deep breath inhaling her smell and she had goosebumps all over.

He kissed on her weak spot which is the crook of her neck and she blushed on the other side. He turned her around to face her and was about to place his lips on hers but his phone rang displaying the most dangerous name at that moment, 'CABIR'

"Which weapon do you think will be better...?? A knife, a rope or poison...???" Cabir asked while gritting his teeth once Manik attended the call. Manik rolled his eyes and asked "What has happened now...??"

"Abey gadhe...I'm struggling with matching shoes...not knowing what to wear...Instead of being with me in my tough times, you are romancing with my sister over there..." Cabir screamed while Nandini giggled and Manik checked around if he has placed any camera.

"Ok ok sorry...I'm coming...Tu phone rakh..." Manik said and cut the call immediately.

"God...This fellow...Nandu...Shall we go...???" He asked.

"Just 2 minutes Manik...Please please..." She said and went to put ear rings while he sighed and said "I will wait downstairs...Will check if Mom and Dad are ready...Come fast..."

"Jii" She said and he went down to see his parents all ready and waiting for them.

"Looking dapper My love..." Nyonika said once she saw Manik while he smiled to the fullest.

"Beta kiska hai..." Raj said proudly and Nyonika said "Mera..." and the mom son duo gave hi-fi to each other while Raj made a face. Just then Maddy too joined.

"Come let's go..." Raj said and the three went in their car as Manik and Nandini are supposed to come in other car. Manik checked his phone if Cabir has dropped any message and turned back hearing her sandal's sound.

He was going towards her with a smile and just then her sandal twisted and she was about to fall down from the last four steps. He hurriedly went to her in two long strides and held her in his embrace before she fell down.

Both took deep breaths for few seconds and he helped her come down and asked while checking her "Are you okay...?? Any sprain...??"

She sighed in relief and said "No...I'm fine..."

"Godd...When you don't know how to handle heels, why the hell did you wear them...??" He shouted and she made a pout saying "This goes well with the dress...and I know how to handle..."

"Yeah I have seen it...Change your sandals now..." He said.

"Manik...Please na...It was just an unfortunate slip...Please please..." She pleaded.

"Nandu...See the height of heels...You will get cramps for sure..." He warned.

"I will manage Manik...Please..." She said again.

"Fine...Do as you wish..." He said and moved to their car and she smiled to herself.

The engagement party was on full swing. Cabir and Navya exchanged rings and soon the couples were on dance floor.