11. History Repeats

Nandini's phone was ringing by the time she came out from washroom after freshening up.

"Unknown number...!!! Who can this be...!!??" She made a confused face and attended the call.

"Hello Sweetheart..." Came the voice from other end.

"It's not Manik's voice..." She thought to herself because only he calls her that and also he will be the one calling her mobile as none knows her number.

"Yes baby...It's not Manik's voice...You guessed it correct..." Came the reply as if he read her mind.

"Who is this..??" She asked being confused.

"Doesn't matter....I just called to tell you an important matter....and that is.....Cancel this engagement...." The caller said.

"What....!!!" She exclaimed.

"Yes dear...You heard it correct....Cancel this engagement and this proposal...He is not the right guy for you..." Came the response.

"What rubbish...!!??? Who the hell are you...??" She shouted.

"Ahha....Don't shout love...Listen to me carefully...Cancel this engagement... Just back out..." The voice said.

"Just get lost..." She said and cut the call after having enough.

"I dare you to cut the call...and you will bear the consequences..." He dropped a threatening message to which she shivered.

Her phone rang again with the same unknown number and she attended again.

"Don't do that again..." He said in a calm tone.

She gulped hearing his tone and said "What do you want...?? Please leave me alone..."

"Sure...but before that..listen to me carefully....Just back out from this proposal...and cancel this engagement....else......I'll have to step in to do that..and you have face the hell in future....Don't think I'll be the one who gives you that....That hell will be given by THE MANIK MALHOTRA himself....and you might have already had an idea how worst he can turn out to be......" Came the thundering threat.

She sobbed hearing it and then he continued "Soch lo....and please don't take me as a villain....ok....Have a great day darling...."

Saying that he hung the call.

She already had tears in her eyes and thought "Who the hell is this guy...??? And backing out now....!!! No way.....Aaj engagement hai...and guests are here...I can't do that....and this mobile....I better hide it for now.....I should talk to someone about this....but with whom...??"

In between her thoughts, she got ready for the day and then the flashes of engagement came in front of her eyes.

When she was about to reach Manik when someone pulled into a dark area, covering her mouth before she could shout.

"That's why..That's why I told not to marry him....You better think of it again..." The voice said and left the place making her shiver badly.

She opened her eyes breathing heavily and sat up on bed sweating badly. Her shivering figure can easily tell that how much she was afraid.

She wiped her sweat and saw her mother sleeping peacefully on the other side of bed.

After the engagement ceremony, they both slept in the same room. She looked at the clock which just stroke 2AM and she sighed.