33. Job

Manik and Nandini reached their house while Nyonika was waiting for them.

"Aa gaye mere bache..." She squealed in happiness and hugged both of them.

"Enjoyed well..??" She asked while Nandini blushed and nodded.

"I'll go shower and take rest..I'm damn tired Mom.." Manik cribbed making his way to his room.

"Maa ji...Where's papa..??" Nandini asked.

"In the study beta.." Nyonika replied and went to bring water for her while Nandini ran to the study room and knocked.

"Come in.." Came Raj's voice and she opened the door slowly.

"Arey Nandu beta..." He said in surprised happy tone while she ran to him squealing "Papaaa...I missed you..."

"I missed you too meri bacha..." He said and kissed on top of her head, while hugging her. She broke the hug and smiled while Nyonika held her ear saying "Papa ki bachi...You didn't miss me..?? You haven't hugged me like this seeing me..."

Raj and Nandini chuckled seeing her. "Where's your husband..?? Tell me that you left that monster in Maldives...Please..." Raj asked sarcastically to which Nandini let out a laugh.

Nyonika slapped him on his shoulder and asked "Why are you always after my Manu..??"

"Arey...Dekho how Nandu came to me first..to meet me....but...where's your ladla..??" Raj mocked Nyonika.

"Wo bechara thak gaya hai...He was tired Raj..." She supported her dear son.

"Waah...Tired..." He shrugged while Nandini stood there smiling.

"Acha..leave all that...Nandu beta...go..freshen up and take rest...I'll send dinner to your room..." Nyonika said and Nandini nodded and left.

Manik was already sleeping after having a shower. Nandini changed into her comfies and rested for a while. She woke him up for dinner and then retired themselves after having it.

Next morning, she woke up and saw Manik in deep slumber and so she was checking her mail box and her eyes widened. Just then Manik cuddled into her and said "Good morning love.."

"Indeed good morning Manik..." She said, happiness evident in her voice.

He slowly opened his eyes and asked "Why..What happened..??"

"See" She said and handed her phone to him and he sat properly, rubbing his eyes and had a proper look at the screen.

"Wow....That's wonderful...You got your joining letter..." he said and hugged her.

"Yeah...Come let's tell Maa ji and papa also.." She said and went to freshen up while he slept again,

She shook her head in disbelief seeing Manik asleep again. "Manik...Wake up na.." She tried while combing her hairs.

"Listen I'm going down...and papa already asked you last night...Wake up and come na.." She said and left downstairs and he moved himself to washroom still sleepy.

"Maa ji.." She hugged Nyonika who was in kitchen and said "Good morning.."

"Good morning beta...So happy....What's the reason..??" She asked while Nandini's smile grew wider.

"I got my joining letter" She said and Nyonika smiled widely.

"Wonderful...When you have to join..??" She asked.

"Next month.." She said and thought something. Nyonika understood her turmoil and smiled. She held her hand and took her to living room and made her sit on the couch.