14. MEHENDI

It was first function of Manik and Nandini's wedding. It's their Mehendi.

Nandini woke up in the morning and was thinking about the past 15 days.

"It's been 15 days Manik...we didn't even talk...I don't know what has happened to our relation...God...Please give me strength to handle him..."

She sighed and went to get ready. On the other side, Manik was no less in fighting with his emotions.

A part of him wants to run to his Nandini and hug her and convey what he is going through and the other part stops him thinking about what he has seen the other day when he has decided to marry asap.

But still, he stopped his heart from taking decisions and got ready for the function. Just then he heard a knock and it was Cabir.

"So...ready to go..??" Cabir asked and he gave a curt nod in reply.

"Manik....I know you hate advices in your personal matter..and I also know ki tu kisi ka suntha nahi par phir bhi...I just wanna say think twice before you do anything...and I think it's better to talk to her....bechari almost 50 times call kar chuki thi since last 15 days....and she only asked 'Manik kaise hai..??' " Cabir said and Manik's face softened for a minute.

He took a deep breath and said "Cabir...I already told you what has happened...and you really think I'm doing wrong..??"

Both looked at each other and their thoughts went back to the day when they had an open conversation.

Few days back,

Manik was at Cabir's place and Cabir just then completed his call with Nandini and as Manik said he lied about Manik being there with him.

"Manik..enough of this lies yaar...I can't even listen her pleading tone...Please Manik..talk to her..." Cabir pleaded out of frustration but he didn't give a reply.

"Manik..Are you even listening..??" Cabir shouted but still no reply. Unable to handle, Cabir grabbed Manik's wallet and opened Nandini's picture. He kept Manik's hand on her picture and said "Ab bathao....uski kasam kha ke bathao...baath kya hai..??"

Manik immediately withdrew his hand and shouted "Cabir...Pagal ho gaya hai...??"

"Pagal mein nahi..tu ho gaya hai....chal..aaj toh bathana hi padega....You have to tell me what has happened..." Cabir said in a stern tone.

"I'll tell you..." Manik said and sat taking a sigh. He ruffled his hairs and started "Last day when I went to pick her up, I was waiting for her in the car... Then... I heard two girls talking..

Girl 1 – Arey Rina, come..let's leave..

Rina – Ha...bas 2mins...I'll deliver this Nandini's book to him and come..

And listening Nandini's name, I heard their conversation.

Girl – Yeh deliver kya hai...??? Are you post man..??

They both laughed and the other girl said "Arey from last 6 months I was doing that job only yaar.... That's why I should not help lovers..."

"Lovers...??? Par I heard....Nandini's marriage got fixed with our super senior na...Arey wo junior Malhotra....and she asked time to complete her education..isn't it..??"

"Haa haa...wo bhi sach hai....but it's HIS idea...HE only asked Nandini to plead in that way..so that they can get time to sort their future....Without anyone's notice they both are handling their relation..."

And that broke my heart but still I couldn't believe. I followed to know the person who that HE was.

That girl went and handed over the book to ARYAMAN and he....he thanked them and took out the letter kept in between the pages. He smiled reading it and kissed it. He checked around and kept it in his bag and left. Then I took the letter and read....Believe me Cabir...It was her hand writing...