10. THE ENGAGEMENT

The most awaited day for Manik and the day which made Nandini a little more nervous, their engagement.

Cabir barged into Manik's room to check if he has got ready and saw him in his engagement attire, all set for the evening. But the emotion which Cabir noticed on Manik's face was pure restlessness, frustration and rage.

Not only that moment, he was observing him from the morning, right from the breakfast time. But he chucked his thoughts and asked "Yar..yeh sadu bann ke kyun ghum raha hai subah se..??"

Manik glared at him showing his disinterest in his taunts and moved out of the room.

"Something happened...I just hope that reason shouldn't be Nandu..warna it'll very hard for her to handle this monster to the evening..." Cabir thought and joined his friends for last minute arrangements.

Whole mansion was busy with people doing all sort of arrangements and Manik was waiting for the moment holding his mobile, checking it time to time.

All his friends noticed it but didn't budge him to answer as they knew if anything goes wrong, that effect will be shown on our dear Nandu. So they kept mum.

"Mom...Car bheja aapne..??" Manik asked opening his mouth for the first time that day.

Even Nyonika was shocked seeing him but didn't ask him as she was busy with arrangements and guests.

"Han...They are on the way..." She replied and went to attend the guests.

He sighed and kept on looking at the door and then he saw her coming inside with her mom. She has worn a light blue and pink lehenga which co-ordinates with his light pink sherwani. Though she smiled and took blessings from her to- be in-laws, nervousness was clearly showed on her face.

Shobana was helping Nyonika and was attending the guests after making Manik and Nandini sit on the couch which was for them.

He wanted to compliment her for looking eternally beautiful, but his anger and frustration overcame it and he sat silent. Nandini too didn't have the courage to look at him and say something. Having had enough, Manik held Nandini's hand and slowly dragged her to a corner where none comes.

He pinned her to the wall and her breath got stuck seeing his eyes.

"Where was your mobile..??" He asked controlling his anger.

She widened her eyes a little and gulped seeing him.

"I asked where's your goddamn mobile..??" He said gritting his teeth.

Sweat buds formed on her forehead, but she tried to answer "Wo...mein...wo..."

He closed his eyes in frustration and said "Nandu...Answer me before I lose it..."

"It was in..si..silent...I didn't get a chance..to check..." She said looking down.

He nodded his head in disbelief and said "Like seriously....ufff...forget it....Never repeat it...I was calling you from morning and all the unanswered calls' frustration has been taken on my friends..."

"I'm..sorry..." She said slowly and he sensed something wrong.

"Nandu...is everything alright..??" He asked all of a sudden making her scared even more.

"J..Ji...mein...theek hu...yeah..everything is fine..." She stammered a lot than before and that made Manik's doubt grow stronger.

"You are hiding something..." He asked again to make sure and she wiped her sweat buds and gulped thinking something. He snapped his fingers and asked "Kya hua..??"