6. FIRST Day Out

Nandini came and hugged her mother and she served her dinner.

When Nandini was having her dinner, Shobana's mobile rang and she attended saying "Hello Manik Beta...Boliye..."

Nandini choked her food and started coughing when he heard his name. Shobana patted on her head and gave water saying "Aaram se beta.."

She again continued talking to Manik on call while all Nandini could hear was "Haa Beta...Kyun nahi....Aisi koi baath nahi....ok beta....Good night..."

She came and sat with Nandini and then she asked slowly "Maa....kya kaha unhone...???"

"Wo...Manik...He wants to take you for a shopping..." She said and served more rice.

"Shopping...!!!! Par kyun....???" Nandini asked in being shock.

"Arey kyun kya..?? Engagement hai na..." She replied arranging something on the table.

"Par....Everytime you used to do my shopping na Maa....I don't know the selection..." Nandini reasoned.

"Hmmm Nandu....Muh pe manaa thodi na kar sakthe hai Manik ko...hai na..?? That's why...just go...select something if you like...else just give him company in his shopping..." Shobana convinced.

Nandini nodded slightly and asked "Unke maa papa honge na...??"

"Wo toh patha nahi...and ha...if they comes na, touch their feet and take blessings..ok..??" She said and Nandini nodded.

"If they ask something answer politely...with a little smile...gabrao math..." She explained again and Nandini nodded.

"Haa...aise mundi math hilaao unke samne.." She said at last tapping her head.

Nandini made a face and said "Maa....aap bhi....???"

She smiled and said "Just behave...ok...??"

She nodded again and Shobana kissed her forehead and went to sleep.

At the same time in Manik's room.

"Yeh ho kya raha hai Manik...???" Cabir raised his voice.

He just came to ask Manik about what he said to Nandini the previous day. But he came to know about the engagement from his parents.

"What happened Cabir...???" Manik asked in a calm tone.

"That's what even I'm asking...Engagement....!!! Seriously...?? Nandini se...!!" He asked again.

"Cabir...relax...what's there to shock...??? I told Mom dad about Nandini and they agreed...She wants marriage after her studies...so for now...it's engagement time...I told her I'll make everything right...That's what I'm doing....At the end, She is my love yaar..." He said with a smile.

"And what about her...??" Cabir asked in disbelief and Manik became silent.

"I don't know..." Manik said slowly.

"You don't know or you don't want to know...??" Cabir taunted.

Cabir continued "Haa maantha hu you love her...you love her so much ki you changed many things...You stopped smoking just because she made an irritating face when you smoke...You came to college daily just to have a glimpse of her...Uss Manik, who won't even carry a notebook, has stored the record carefully in his cup board just because it has her hand writing....Uss Manik, who won't even spare his time from his busy schedule, is now having dinner with Mom and Dad...and not only that...He is sleeping on his mother's lap sometimes...and discussing with Dad....Wo Manik, who won't even used to ask where are his parents if they are out for work, is checking his mother's medicines.... Great...Very Great Mr. Manik Malhotra...These all changed after you saw Nandini...and changed for good....But....what has changed in her....??? Just a little more fear added in her life...and that is Manik Malhotra himself...waah..."