30. THE NIGHT

He broke the hug and kissed her lips softly and said "I LOVE YOU Nandu..."

Her breath hitched hearing it but she left a chuckle and said "You are saying this out of pity right..?? Warna you never said this in these 3 years..."

He gritted his teeth and fisted her hairs again, tighter than before to which she hissed in pain. But he ignored it and pressed her cheeks with another hand and said "Listen to me very carefully Nandini...IT WAS JUST AN ACCIDENT...get that in your head...it was just an accident which I couldn't save you from....and uske aage tumhe kuch nai hua hai...You just had few scratches...that's it...."

He pulled her more closer, fisting her hairs tightly to which she shut her eyes, "Open your eyes"

But she didn't and tears escaped from her closed eyes.

"I said open your eyes" He said and she shivered in his hold, opening her eyes.

"Only I know what I have gone through when you were not there by my side....Yes you were right that I never said that in these 3 years because I never had the fear of losing you...Tumhe khone ka darr nai hua tha kabhi bhi....I had you in my life by hook or crook and I thought I got you...But ek ek pal, second by second I died a bit thinking of life without you and then....I realized that pyar kya hotha hai....and that's how much I love you...and I dare you to say that again that I'm saying it out of pity and insult my love for you...samjhi tum..??"

She looked at his eyes which had tears for the first time and she understood how much he loves her.

She nodded her head with difficulty and he glared at her and said "Don't nod your head...understood..??"

"Ji" She uttered meekly from her mouth as her cheeks are being pressed.

He slowly left her and she sighed slowly to breathe properly.

"So jao...I'll be back.." He said and turned back to leave.

"Manik" She called him slowly and he looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Mujhe..Mujhe bhook lagi hai..." She said slowly looking at her lap and he smiled a little.

"2 minutes" He said and went out.

"Guys you leave...I'll be with her and we'll go home tomorrow evening or next day morning...Mom kept on calling..." Manik said to his friends who were waiting outside but didn't spare a look at Cabir and Dhruv.

"Take care" Mukthi said and everyone left.

He went to kitchen to get food and heard footsteps and turned back to see Nandini.

"Nandu..Why are you out of bed..?? I said I'll come na.." He said taking her out of kitchen.

"I'm fine Manik...We will have dinner here.." She said and he accepted.

He lied beside her, hugging her from back and inhaled her body smell making her shiver under him.

Both slept peacefully in each other's embrace.

The next day ended normally and he asked his friends not to come as he wants spend time with her.

"We will leave tomorrow morning.." He said wiping his face after getting freshen up at night.

"After that..??" She asked looking at him.

"After that mathlab..?? You have college na...forgot..?? Final semester from next week na...and I don't think you finished your project work...And I have a meeting with clients..so I have to do preparations for that..." He said casually.

"Aur maa ji..?? Won't you tell her what happened..??" She asked taking the towel from his hand.

"What..?? Oh...about your accident..?? We will tell her Nandu.." He said pecking her forehead.